The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

ha

Give a brutha some support! (before his team is eliminated tomorrow night)

Rome

This hockey season has been an abortion by coat hangar.  First the Flyers shtein the bed and now we're left to watch two teams no one could possibly give a shtein about in 99% of the country.

Yay expansion.

Seabiscuit36

Actually its been a good series, i like Anaheim out west.  The problem is no one cares because fights arent there, its a penalty fest.  There is no real pimping of the sport, the lockout killed any momentum the league may have had which was already dwindleing. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Cerevant

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 05, 2007, 09:19:51 AM
The NHL is only still in business because of Canada

this couldnt be farther from the truth

What a tremendously insightful argument.  ::)

Well, you are probably right - corporate season ticket holders keep the NHL in business.  Let's say Canada keeps the NHL on TV.  Where in the US has the NHL on OLN and VS (or are they the same thing?), Canada has it on TSN (ESPN Canada) and the CBC.  Also, while Canadian teams get most of the love up here, I spot people with Flyers, Rangers, etc. gear up here.  I get the impression that being a Flyers fan in this (Toronto) area is like being a Cowboys fan in the northeast US.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

yes, the first time Don Cherry is on American television is the same as reporting that someone landed on the moon.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SunMo on June 05, 2007, 01:39:03 PM
you kill yourself too
Almost there, alcoholism and Super Aids

SunMo

ice grillin you

i was just reading that game 2 of the nhl finals set the record for lowest rated prime time program ever

not nhl final game
not nhl playoff game
not nhl game
not even sporting event
the lowest rated prime time SHOW ever

of all the things that have ever been on tv btwn 8 and 11pm this was the lowest rated

Seabiscuit36

It was lower than a re rerun of the West Wing from 2005  :-D

MDS

game 2 on oln? or game 3 on nbc? the 1.2 might be nbc's lowest or something, but im sure upn or the wb or now the cw has had something lower at some point, at least in repeats.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

whatever the nbc game was...they of course are talking about major primtime network tv...and of course it scored higher than something on upn...youre smarter than that...well not really.....but about tv you usually are