The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

The same could be said for every player on the team minus Forsberg....

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'm excited about them turning it around, making the 7 or 8 seed, and getting knocked out 4-1 in round 1.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Little tidbit from the AP regarding the Habs-Bruins game:

QuoteBOSTON (AP) - The Boston Bruins didn't even make it to the final buzzer against the Montreal Canadiens on Thursday night.

Andrei Markov scored the tiebreaking goal with 1.2 seconds left Thursday night, giving Montreal a 3-2 victory over Boston and prompting a shower of garbage from the Bruins fans that convinced the officials to call the game with two ticks left.

"When you see the bottles with liquid being thrown from 20 rows up, you worry about your head or face being hurt. The referees did the right thing to end the game," Montreal captain Saku Koivu said. "It was a huge win. It feels a lot bigger when you steal it in the last few seconds."

Markov took advantage of a power play that came when Matt Lashoff, who was making his NHL debut, was called for holding with 45 seconds left. The Montreal defenceman got the puck to the left of Tim Thomas and put it between his legs for the winner.

Related Info  Canadiens demote Samsonov to fourth line
While Montreal players - and some of their vocal fans in the Boston crowd - celebrated, others in the stands began throwing cups and other trash onto the ice. After about a minute, and a futile announcement from the public address announcer, the clock started and the buzzer blew while both teams were still at their benches and the ice crew was cleaning up.

rjs246

Those are real sports fans. You team loses in the final seconds? It's time to farging riot. My respect for Bruins fans just went up. From zero.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

Todd Fedoruk had his face broken again.  This time Boogard from the Wild smashed it in for him
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

phattymatty

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: phattymatty on November 10, 2006, 12:47:50 PM
best game ever

What a great instruction manual, they just don't make em like they used to:
Quote2) On the first page Sega politely offers an "Epilepsy Warning" and some useful hints to avoid an epileptic seizure:PRIOR TO USE
- "Sit at least 2.5 meters from the television screen."
- "If you are tired or have not had much sleep, rest and commence playing after you are fully rested."
- "Make sure the room in which you are playing is well lit"
-"Use the game on a small a television screen as possible (preferable 14" or smaller)"
DURING USE
- "Rest for at least 10 minutes per hour while playing a video game"
- "Parents should supervise their children's use of video games"

MDS

I remember that and NFL Quarterback Club for my Gensis. Oh, and Tony LaRussa Baseball. Those were the days.....
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

BigEd76

that would make Friday's game of two crappy teams a bit more interesting...

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

OLD TIME HOCKEY! [/slapshot]  :yay

Father Demon

The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

rjs246

And props to Philly at the end. That's the shtein the hockey needs more of. farg all of this pansy, pretty boy bullshtein. Toothless backwoods canadians beating the farging piss out of each other. THAT is sport.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.