The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: DemonchildrenOnTurf on June 07, 2006, 10:28:22 PM
Well, Game 2 didn't live up to the standard Game 1 set.  Roloson's injury really effed them up.  I still think Canes in 5.  Although I want my boy Pronger to hoist the Cup.

Edmonton's goalie wasn't stellar, but he was hung out to dry on most of those goals.  Edmonton just did not come to play tonight- disappointing.

Geowhizzer

The BIGSTUD

Markkanen played very well. He's the only one who showed up. How could you not score a goal? Ouch.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Geowhizzer

Think FF's out buying his 'Canes sweater tomorrow?

BigEd76

Islanders news: Neil Smith is the new GM and Ted Nolan is getting another chance as a head coach

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Geowhizzer on June 07, 2006, 11:54:15 PM
Think FF's out buying his 'Canes sweater tomorrow?

I hate you, and no freaking way.  The closer they get to the inevitable Cup, the more I find myself rooting for the impossible and for the Oilers to pull it out.  I hate all the farging "fans" down here - all of them just recently added flags to their cars and shirts to their wardrobe and finally learned the names of 5 actual players on the team, yet they are die-hard CANIACS!11  It's just like when the farging Panthers farging got to the farging Super Bowl, and all these iceholes that really were rooting for the skins or Cowtards all-of-the-sudden were donning their "Cats" gear and singing the praises of Jake Delhomme.  All the "fans" of North Carolina "professional" sports can go farg themselves with a farging NCAA-regulation basketball, because that's the only real sport that's played here.  Goddamnit.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

You're cruisin' for a bruisin', mister.  Why I oughta...!!!

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

jeffreyjpa

Yeah, I feel for you FF...that's how the gay Dallas fans were the year the Stars won the Cup, too. No one went to games or had the faintest idea how hockey is played, but they reached the Cup finals and all of a sudden they were all Stars fans. Now, they're all Mavericks fans.

Gay Dallas fans...GAY.

I really wanted to see the Sabres knock out the Hurricanes, because I remember how the Panthers fans were three seasons ago, and Buffalo sports fans could use some love...I have close relatives who live in Greensboro who were transplanted Flyers fans, who are probably all Hurricane fans for the week. I'll excommunicate them if they claim Hurricane allegiance, since they sold about 1,500 tickets a game when they played at the Greensboro Coliseum for two seasons before moving to Raleigh.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: FFatPatt on June 08, 2006, 08:14:56 AM
I hate you

Come on, FF, show me the love.  :-*

Quote from: FFatPatt on June 08, 2006, 08:14:56 AM
and no freaking way.  The closer they get to the inevitable Cup, the more I find myself rooting for the impossible and for the Oilers to pull it out.  I hate all the farging "fans" down here - all of them just recently added flags to their cars and shirts to their wardrobe and finally learned the names of 5 actual players on the team, yet they are die-hard CANIACS!11  It's just like when the farging Panthers farging got to the farging Super Bowl, and all these iceholes that really were rooting for the skins or Cowtards all-of-the-sudden were donning their "Cats" gear and singing the praises of Jake Delhomme.  All the "fans" of North Carolina "professional" sports can go farg themselves with a farging NCAA-regulation basketball, because that's the only real sport that's played here.  Goddamnit.

What, you don't believe them when they tell you that they even followed the team when they were still the Hartford Whales?

Or that they love their new goalie, Cam Neely?

Or that they love their captain, Roddy Piper?

Or that they're excited that Jeff Gordon (#24) plays defense for the Canes?

All said, I am rooting for the Canes, for a few reasons:

1.  Rod Brind'Amour.  He's been my favorite NHL players since his Flyers days, and I've been following his career via Center Ice.  He's the only player whose sweater I own (have two Flyers sweaters without players).  I got it signed down here a few years ago (see #2) and it is displayed prominently in my family room.

2.  For the few years before the lockout, the Canes trained down here (Ft. Myers), so they've become sort of my 2nd team.  I catch their games when the Flyers aren't playing.

3.  Several former Flyers (Brind'Amour, Williams, Recchi).

4.  The Florida Everblades (ECHL) are Carolina's farm team, and RW Chad LaRose played for the Blades a few years ago.

5.  Bret Hedican is married to Michelle Kwan.  ;)

Father Demon

Sadly, I think tonight's game will set a record.

NEW YORK – The XFL hit a new low for prime-time programming. The national rating for the league's Week 7 broadcast on joint owner NBC was a 1.6, believed to be the lowest prime-time night among the big three networks in Nielsen Media Research history. It's also well below the worst-previous evening sports broadcast on NBC, ABC or CBS. That dubious distinction had been held by Game 3 of last season's Stanley Cup finals, which drew a 2.3 on ABC on June 3.

I'll be watching.  But I don't think it will hit a 1.6, which will make it the lowest prime-time night broadcast ever.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

MDS

Probably not. The saturday afternoon games pull in about a 1.3ish rating. Factor in that the game is now in primetime, and that number has to increase. Probably high 2's, low 1's area.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

The Canes can eat rjs's dog's snatch and they'll like it.

BigEd76

Carolina won 2-1 and takes a 3-1 lead back home.  This one's over....