The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingspan

Quote from: Bunkley78 on June 06, 2006, 12:08:24 AM
Plus I made a bet with my friend barring injury that the Oilers would win.

what a Hoyda bet
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

phillymic2000

Quote from: Bunkley78 on June 06, 2006, 12:08:24 AM
Plus I made a bet with my friend barring injury that the Oilers would win.

Yep that sounds just like all your predictions, everything has a catch or an out. Did you bet a girl?

The BIGSTUD

It was mutually agreed upon. I'm not the one who proposed the injury out to be honest.

Doesn't matter anyway, I didn't take it.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Yeti

I hate Southern teams.  But if Williams, BrindAmour and Recchi win a Stanley Cup it's kinda like the Flyers winning it.  Isn't it? 

Isn't it?
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

PoopyfaceMcGee

No, it's only a harsher reminder that they didn't.

Phanatic

Certainly looks like the Flyers have officially lost the BrindAmour Primeau trade.  :sly

Good to see Rod out there doing well though. One of my favorite players.

I like the new look of the NHL. Not much time spent in the neutral zone and lots of transition. With the clutching and grabbing out of the game there was plenty of open ice hitting. I might have to keep my eye on OLN next year.

Anyone else think the name change from OLN to Versus is stoopid?
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

Father Demon

Quote from: Phanatic on June 06, 2006, 04:14:20 PM

I hadn't heard that.  But now that you mention it, it certainly is.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: DemonchildrenOnTurf on June 06, 2006, 05:50:57 PM
Quote from: Phanatic on June 06, 2006, 04:14:20 PM

I hadn't heard that.  But now that you mention it, it certainly is.

Watch any of the SC Finals games that are on OLN.  During one of the intermissions (usually the 2nd, I believe), Bill Clement does a long presentation on the name change.

They could have found a better name.

To butcher a phrase:  "Versus, foiled again!"

MDS

QuoteOLN averaged 611,000 households for Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals on Monday. That's fewer households than ESPN2 drew for an Arizona-Northwestern college women's softball game Monday night. It is 39% fewer households than ESPN drew for the Stanley Cup series opener two years ago.

Bettman for president.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Allowing OLN to win the bid for NHL hockey was a massive mistake.  No one just happens to surf and check out what's on OLN, and that's the audience hockey needs to get to make money ever again.

phattymatty

very true, it's like channel 64 on my cable, smushed in between some public access stations and a few home shopping networks.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Yep, and on DirecTV, it's #608 - nowhere near the bulk of the channels, which are in the 200's and early 300's.

MDS

not to mention, you have to have comcast to get it. while comcast is the #1 cable distributer in america, over 30% of country (i think it may be closer to 40%) use other cable outlets. bettman has made one big mistake after another. he should have taken espns low ball offer just to stay recognizable. if espn had the sport, they would spend time covering it on sportscenter and obviously more people would be watching. also, the fact that 99% of the country cant name one player on either team playing the cup finals doesnt help things.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

the problem was they had not a single other taker...oln was chosen strictly because they had programming available...they dont even pay for the games

i was reading yesterday that game one got lower ratings than the xfl
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Hockey hasn't mattered since no one remembers when.  It's dead.  Good riddance.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger