2015 Philadelphia 76ers Off Season Thread

Started by ice grillin you, April 15, 2015, 10:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

sixers finish third which means they can end up anywhere between 1 and 6 - they will have a 15% chance of getting 1, 2 or 3, a 22% chance of getting 4, a 26% chance of getting 5 and a 4% chance of getting 6 - in other words buckle yourself in real tight on lottery night

the laker pick will have a 19% chance of falling out of the top 5.....could be a lot worse and if this wasn't Philadelphia id have some real hope - if they don't get this pick it becomes a top three protected 2016 johnson

miami pick will be protected at 10 giving the sixers a 9% chance of getting it - not good which means this pick is going to again be a top 10 protected pick next year

second round picks: 5, 7, 17, 27, 30

lottery night - may 19

draft night - june 25

summer league - july 6-9 - huge offseason question is if joe-el will play
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Are they playing in Vegas this summer?

If so let's go. And then we can go half on the SuperContest

SD

Hypothetically if they get 1 I guess they have to take Okafor. Too many forwards but the trade options would be nice. I like Embiid more than any player in this draft.

MDS

5 more 2nd round picks you can fap to then immediately dismiss when hinkie trades them away?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

i've wanted mudiay for the last 12 months and nothing has changed. smart dude that got his cash instead of playing for that dinosaur larry brown. mudiay to joel/noel gonna be nice.

SunMo

something about okafor just seems off to me, i can't put my finger on it.  i think he just seems soft and will get eaten alive in the NBA.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

smeags

Quote from: phattymatty on April 15, 2015, 10:54:45 PM
i've wanted mudiay for the last 12 months and nothing has changed. smart dude that got his cash instead of playing for that dinosaur larry brown. mudiay to joel/noel gonna be nice.

don't know a ton about him, guess he is more of a pure PG then deangelo russell ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on April 16, 2015, 08:05:49 AM
something about okafor just seems off to me, i can't put my finger on it.  i think he just seems soft and will get eaten alive in the NBA.

so many things wrong with him as it pertains to todays nba...defensively he is going to be a train wreck...how the hell is he going to guard stretch 5's in todays league...and even on the block guys like boogie are way to athletic for him...and good god he is going to be a train wreck guarding the pick n roll and pick n pop...on top of that despite his size he isn't even a rim protector

his on the block offense is more than nba ready...great hands unbelievably soft touch all the post moves youd want....but he has no range and cant face up and shoot...although that is at least something he can improve on...but it also falls into the if column....in todays nba people wanna know that you can move your game out a little and face up knock down a jumper

hinkie doesn't say shtein so who knows 100% but hes a child of the new nba...im sure he knows as good as okafor is offensively on the block he also isn't built for todays nba and isn't a hinkie kind of player...I honestly believe hinkie would rather have nn than okafor and if they get number 1 hed much rather have the KAT than okafor

so would i

my biggest nightmare is that the sixers get 3 and the KAT and mudiay go 1-2....sixers gotta come away from this draft with one of those two or it a failure

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 15, 2015, 10:42:26 PM
Are they playing in Vegas this summer?

seems like just salt lake city....they are def out for orlando....nothing has been announced regarding vegas but its very unlikely....vegas starts july 10 salt lake ends july 9....they could have two different squads especially with five second rounders but even if they somehow also do vegas joe-el wouldn't be there....if he plays its just gonna be utah

PhillyPhreak54

Who was ripping him? Cataldi?

@JackMcCaffery: #Sixers Brown, who was ripped on radio for letting players draw up plays: 'First, I didn't realize that. Second, I don't care.'

ice grillin you

no idea but every panelist on around the horn ripped them as well....more as a team than brown directly tho

btw bb is flying to turkey on sunday to spend a week with dario

PhillyPhreak54

God forbid they have a littl fun at the end of the season.

Cranky ass journalists and radio people can farg off

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 16, 2015, 09:21:53 AM

my biggest nightmare is that the sixers get 3 and the KAT and mudiay go 1-2....sixers gotta come away from this draft with one of those two or it a failure

I want either Mudiay or Russell

http://mobile.philly.com/sports/sixers/?wss=/philly/sports/sixers&id=296333191

Would be thrilled with Townes but what do you do with him?

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on April 16, 2015, 08:26:49 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 16, 2015, 09:21:53 AM

I want either Mudiay or Russell

http://mobile.philly.com/sports/sixers/?wss=/philly/sports/sixers&id=296333191

Would be thrilled with Townes but what do you do with him?

you let it play out....its too early in the process to worry about positions and lineup cohesiveness...you are looking for two studs to emerge no matter how or where that comes from.....you take the best players now and worry about the rest later

also with embiids foot ready to explode at any time the KAT would be a nice emergency plan for that

russll isn't explosive enough for me....imo he doesn't have the athleticism to get to the rim in the nba or go by people in the way mudiay will be able to....his shot is ahead of mudiays but you can improve that....you cant find elite athleticism somewhere