Sam Mills RIP

Started by dpierce, April 18, 2005, 03:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dpierce

Crier of the week: Terrorists of all backgrounds. Tantrums are selfish acts by children; extortion and murder disguised as fervor for a cause are both selfish and just plain evil. "We're gonna blow up things and kill people until we get our way!" There's a convincing argument, huh?

BigEd76

Zanshin

Wow...that's terrible.  Really hit home.  He was one of my faves and an alum from my undergrad college.

SD_Eagle5

:(

I remember when the Aints ran the 3-4 and had Mills, Rickey Jackson, Vaugh Johnson, and Pat Swilling....

Drunkmasterflex

It says something that the Panthers built a statue of him before he even had cancer.  Definately sad for all of football, he personified a warrior on the field.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

TempleOwl

I remember him in the USFL playing for Philadelphia
"If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and swims like a duck...SHOOT IT!"

TexasEagle

Wow, that's sad. I loved watching him play.

stillupfront

It really choked me up. I knew Sam in HS having played against him several times and my wrestling team wrestling his. He was one hell of a wrestler too. He used to kick the crap out of Bam Bam Bigelow every year. They were in arch rival high schools.

1/9/06

Very proud sponsor of DarWIN Walker BSSE

Proud to be sponsored by HBionic

JTrotter Fan

Mills #51 to be retired during pre-season game.

Link 

First Panther ever to have his number retired. 

Sad story...i know it's four months old...but it's still sad. 

When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.