Started by Zanshin, March 13, 2005, 10:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey418

Quote from: PhillyGirl on March 29, 2005, 10:38:49 PM
This is a funny picture:

In the words of some random dude from Deuce Bigalow:  "That's a huge head"
The wannabe sponsor of Stallworth and Baskett

stillupfront

Why are Steroids produced? Is there a legitimate use? I know the answers. Do any of you?

1/9/06

Very proud sponsor of DarWIN Walker BSSE

Proud to be sponsored by HBionic

mikey418

Steriods are produced for medical reasons - to help people recover from certain medical conditions/situations. 

I was prescribed steriods once when I had a severe case of poison ivy...it looked like I had sunburn on my entire body and one of my eyes was swollen shut.  The steriods helped my body fight off the bacteria in the poison, thus helping me recover. 
The wannabe sponsor of Stallworth and Baskett

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: mikey418 on March 30, 2005, 08:53:47 AM

I was prescribed steriods once when I had a severe case of poison ivy...it looked like I had sunburn on my entire body and one of my eyes was swollen shut.  The steriods helped my body fight off the bacteria in the poison, thus helping me recover. 

Those aren't anabolic steroids and are completely different. 

Steroids are actually a safe way to build muscle, it's once they're abused that they can become hazardous to your health.

Diomedes

Quote from: stillupfront on March 30, 2005, 08:42:42 AM
Why are Steroids produced? Is there a legitimate use? I know the answers. Do any of you?

What is this, some kind of farging quiz show?  Take your answers and shove 'em up your ass!
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyGirl

I had to take a 6 day steroid pack after my wrist surgery. Medrol Dose Pak it was called.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

stillupfront

Anabolic steroids are synthetic testosterone. Testosterone is a naturally occuring hormone in men. It helps define secondary sexual characteristics in males (eg. deeper voice, facial hair, the ability to build large muscles etc).

A common side effect of type II Diabetes is a drop in testosterone levels resulting in Erectile Dysfunction. This is most commonly treated by Anabolic Steroids. Specifically with Cream or Gel ( "the clear" in reference to Barry Bonds). The blood levels are kept at a level that is to be expected in healthy males. There is absolutely no performance enhancement (except in the bedroom). Steroid testing in sports finds steroid abusers by finding a highly elevated level of testosterone in the blood. Therefore, no amount of testing would show this type of user as a steroid abuser.

1/9/06

PhillyPhreak54

Did any of y'all see the 60 Minutes story on this?

Best part was where Andersen Cooper says that only Todd Sauerbrun had a comment on this.

Sauerbrun said that the Doctor was "great. a good guy"...

Then ten minutes later he called Cooper back and said "Dude, I got my communication screwed up. I don't know that Doctor".

:-D :-D :-D

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Oh. I've never seen that show.

I did the 60 Minutes / King of Queens thing tonight.

MDS

Get the DVD when it comes out this summer, show should win best drama series at the Emmys.

Back to the roid popping Panthers, did the piece tell us anything that wasnt given in the articles?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I'll check it out. I'm trying to build up my DVD series collection (I need to find Third Watch..love that show).

Anyways, nah, the piece didn't tell too much more. I just loved the part about Sauerbrun trying to pull a fast one on the media. What a dope.

MURP

MDS

Well then over 18 million people have a lot of 'splanin to do.  :paranoid

stillupfront

Quote from: MDS on March 31, 2005, 06:54:43 AM
Well then over 18 million people have a lot of 'splanin to do.  :paranoid

Not 'spainin'! Just trying to fight off the Anally Injected Death Sentence

1/9/06