2019 Flyers - new coach

Started by SD, April 15, 2019, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

MDS

when michael del zotto is winning cups with someone else, you know its time to end the franchise
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

QuoteBREAKING: The #Flyers have acquired defenseman Matt Niskanen from the Capitals in exchange for defenseman Radko Gudas

Not a huge Gudas fan although he had a solid season, but this trade makes no sense.

SD

Andrew Macdonald

Good riddance

SD

Trade a 2nd and a 3rd for 32 year old dman Justin Braun. He was a -14 last season. farg this team 😂

ice grillin you

he wasnt even good in his prime....at least with niskanen you can hope for a bounce back year as unlikely as that is at his age but he was at one time a really good dman and it was in the near past...this bum was never good and they gave up something legit for him
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

And they give Hayes 7 years $50 million. And I thought the JVR deal was bad. This might be the worst offseason in nhl history

ice grillin you

and they gave up a pick for the right to overpay him
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

It would seem to me to be rather difficult for the Flyers to have the worst draft of the weekend at this point.

Paul Holmgren:  Hold my beer.

SD

Flyers traded 11 to the yotes for 14 and 45. Not bad value and they recoup a 2nd from that god awful Braun trade

Geowhizzer

Flyers following the Sixers plan and trade their pick.

11 to Arizona for 14 and 45.

SD

Took Cam York an offensive defenseman

Cole Caulfield is really falling.

Geowhizzer

Rome

Cam York was one of the best defensive prospects in the draft but his height is what kept him down.  The Flyers going down only three spots and recouping the 2nd rounder they pissed away on Braun was pretty impressive.  We were watching it live and I just shook my head when they traded down.  Great job, though.  Takes the sting out of an otherwise awful offseason. 

SD

I'm fine with the York pick, don't know if I buy the Leetch comparison. Vasily Podkolzin was their guy but once he went off at 10 they decided to trade back. I would have taken a chance with Caulfield, sure he's a midget but he has a ton of talent