Keeper League 13 - Sassy Rules

Started by Sgt PSN, July 18, 2013, 03:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

Gthistle. Gimme your email address.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Zanshin

Sent it on FB to avoid the spambots that troll forums.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SunMo on July 31, 2013, 11:44:58 AM
i propose the following changes to the keeper rule:

1 QB, 1 Rb, 1 WR, 1 rookie

Not a huge fan of this.  My proposal:

1 QB, 3 RB/WR/TE/K/Def (choose any 3), 1 Rook.

But I won't be a total dick about it.  If the 6 other owners like Sunny's proposal and I'm the odd man out, then I'll vote in favor of it. 

SunMo

I'm fine with your adaptation if you reduce the 3 rb/wr/te/k/def to 2.

i think 4 keeps in a 8 team league is enough
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Zanshin

I'd object to the rookie requirement, mostly because my previous owner decided to not plan for that.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SunMo on August 01, 2013, 11:33:59 AM
I'm fine with your adaptation if you reduce the 3 rb/wr/te/k/def to 2.

i think 4 keeps in a 8 team league is enough

Which is also why we should add 2 more teams.  Too late do do that this year, imo, but it's something that we might want to strongly consider for next year.  Of course, that would mean that :CF needs at least 10 people still posting here, which may or may not be viable. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Zanshin on August 01, 2013, 11:45:04 AM
I'd object to the rookie requirement, mostly because my previous owner decided to not plan for that.

Since you're taking over a team, I'd have no problem with you selecting a rookie from last season to designate as a keeper before the draft.

What say everyone else? 

Sgt PSN

Also, I'll totally trade you Russell Wilson for your #1 pick. 

Diomedes

Quote from: Sgt PSN on August 01, 2013, 12:37:33 PMSince you're taking over a team, I'd have no problem with you selecting a rookie from last season to designate as a keeper before the draft.

What say everyone else? 

Fair.  How does he he know which Rookies are available for him to put dibs on though?

But look, I'll agree to just about any rule proposal that greatly reduces the number of keepers.  I think SunMo's 1/1/1/1 is the best but if everyone wants 1/2/1/1 that's better than our current situation of keeping essentially your entire roster.

If we want to add two teams, that would require a league-wide team reset and a new draft for everyone.  Hell, any serious rule change like the one we're discussing might merit a reset.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hbionic

We then should text each other pic's of each other's penises to determine who gets the 1st pick in the draft. Smallest goes first.

So with the first pick I'd like to select...
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on August 01, 2013, 03:43:24 PM
Fair.  How does he he know which Rookies are available for him to put dibs on though?

Everyone needs to post their rosters and designate their keepers before the draft, so he'll have a list of the rooks who are off the market and can choose from the rest. 

QuoteIf we want to add two teams, that would require a league-wide team reset and a new draft for everyone.  Hell, any serious rule change like the one we're discussing might merit a reset.

If we agree on a reduction in keepers, then I don't think a total reset would be necessary in order to add 2 teams.  New teams would have an "expansion draft" prior to the actual draft where they would pick any non-keeper designated players to build their keeper roster.  So if our keepers were (for example): 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 Rook......then that's all that the new teams could pick.  Then we'd have a regular draft to fill out our rosters.   

SunMo

can we make the draft for not labor day weekend? 
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

Diomedes

my roster is:

Andrew Luck (r)
Demaryius Thomas
Andre Johnson
Frank Gore
Alex Green
Scott Chandler
Ahmad Bradshaw
Michael Crabtree
Brandon Lloyd
Larry Fitzgerald
Maurice Jones-Drew
Andy Dalton
Bernard Pierce (r)
Jason Hanson

If we stick with current rules....my keepers will be:

1 QB - Andy Dalton
2 RB - Frank Gore, MJD
2 WR - Demaryius Thomas, Andre Johnson
1 Rookie (any position) - Andrew Luck
1 TE/K/Def (choose 1 of the 3) - Scott Chandler
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Zanshin