Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

SD

Post June 1st they can sign a free agent and not have it farg up their draft picks. I'm not a Kimbrell guy but I'd overpay for his services on a 1 year deal

MDS

kike-ol is more likely to sign a 1 year. kimbrel is at least getting 2.

moving pivetta and velasquez to the pen could help a lot. you get robertson back, its not bad. what's hurting them is having 4 reliable arms and then slop. youre gonna get caught more often than the mean with that.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Jesus farging Christ

MDS

j are you ok? deep breaths bud
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Good thing they rested their relievers

MDS

Quote from: AO1 on May 22, 2019, 10:51:09 PM
Good thing they rested their relievers

for real...you had to know AAA cole irvin was going to be lit up. take the L tomorrow and get the W when you had it.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on May 22, 2019, 09:58:23 PM
j are you ok? deep breaths bud

I am now, thanks. Not earlier when homeboy yaks up an 84mph center cut batting practice "heater" down the pipe

Don Ho

We can shtein on the offense tonight.  The rookie got lit up by the usual suspects in Wrigley, that part I get BUT how do the first 5 batters get 11 hits and only get 3 across the plate? 

Chicago Sun Times:

"Who needs Bryce Harper? Cubs slug past Phillies 8-4"
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

7-0 laugher with their "ace" cruising has melted to an 8-6 nail biter. 

Kneeshake is pure garbage. 

SD

That felt like the longest game in mlb history

PhillyPhreak54

Didn't get to see it but just looked at the boxscore

Helluva job Neshek. Bum

At least they hit today

Rome

Today's game took 3:55 to play.  The 23-22 game took 4:03.

MLB has a lot of problems but slow play is ruining the game.  That and atrocious farging bullpen management

MDS

neshek had a drama queen act all week, finally gets in....and then that. yeesh. this game was just silly. putting a ton of thought into a weird afternoon getaway game defeats the purpose of the meandering nature of regular season baseball. they came away 2-2 in a 4-gamer against a WS contender. this is good.

hot take but i dont think game length has any correlation to interest level. its action length. people dont think baseball is boring because it takes long. people think its boring because 15 minutes go by in between things happening. thats the issue. im not sure what the fix is other than a strict pitch clock or creating a cap on foul balls.

QB Eagles

It's the time between pitches and the pitching changes. Throw in a clock and a 2-batter or 3-batter minimum and be done with it. Probably would have already been done but the MLBPA has a say and from their perspective I can see the gripes.

The stuff that has been done to date (auto-intentional walks being the most obvious example) is so minor that it was worthless.