Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 21, 2019, 10:46:34 PM
Here comes the "blame the offense too"

Ya know you have to win 2-1, 3-1 games too right?

you know juan nicasio sucks?

if hector or neshek blow it, then yeah, different. everyone knew they needed to score with the bullpen what it was and they didnt. tell your heroes to do better. nicasio is paid to eat innings not to get high leverage outs.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

This all on Gabe

nucasio is straight garbage unless he's in mop up time

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 21, 2019, 10:57:25 PM
This all on Gabe

nucasio is straight garbage unless he's in mop up time

its fair to criticize bullpen management over the past 4 days, but they were close games and your important arms were needed. im not sure what he shouldve done differently, but the fact of the matter is yes you need a better option than nicasio in the 9th.

the question is why wasnt neshek available and the answer is becuase hes a drama queen old man who can only be used when he feels just so.

with what he had tonight, there really wasnt much of an option other than score more runs which they did not do.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

They only have 5 blown saves all season.  It feels like more and not having anyone better than Nicasio is stupid, but roster appropriations isn't Gabe's responsibility.   I'll rip him for a lot of things and his overall bullpen management has been idiotic, but Nicasio belongs nowhere near a first place team like the Phillies.  And that's on Klentak. 

SD

They're without Robertson, Hunter and Arano. Not saying the latter two are great but they're not Nicasio level bad.

phattymatty

so a professional athlete could not pitch last night because he warmed up the night before?  baseball is so stupid.

Rome

Yeah but the Phanatic is awesome. 

SD

Quote from: phattymatty on May 22, 2019, 11:32:25 AM
so a professional athlete could not pitch last night because he warmed up the night before?  baseball is so stupid.

Yeah I mean it's only 1 inning and it's for a win so I don't see the big deal but sabremetrics

MDS

this has nothing to do with sabermetrics, something neither you or my cousin can even define. and again i just need to repeat even though im probably being trolled EVERY SINGLE SUCCESSFUL TEAM USES ADVANCED METRICS IN TALENT EVALUATIONS AND FOR DECISION MAKING. the dodgers, astros, the red sox, the cubs, the rays and on and on. the phillies didnt do any of this and thats why they cratered when the 07-11 players aged. they are doing it now. get angry.

also bear in mind the nicasio was probably the 10th best reliever in camp. due to injuries he easily made the team. he is a long man/eatings eater. he is sufficient in this role. asking him to deliver 3 outs amid 0 runs vs. that portion of the cubs lineup is not ideal.

Geowhizzer

Neshek is soft as Charmin.

SD

One reliever could have sucked it up for an inning. It was a one run game against the heart of their lineup not a 4 run lead. Nerd

MDS

Quote from: AO1 on May 22, 2019, 02:16:13 PM
One reliever could have sucked it up for an inning. It was a one run game against the heart of their lineup not a 4 run lead. Nerd

i agree...neris couldve have just started warming up on his own...but relievers have been getting days off since before any team built a super computer. this is more about the bullpen depth issues and lack of consistent offense.

Don Ho

Exactly!  There is no bullpen depth.  The second we all realized it was Nicasio on the mound in the bottom of the 9th it was over.  He looked like a frightened turtle pitching to Bryant.  Walk, double, fly out, int. walk, Fielders choice which lead to that pathetic lob home, single, lights out.  I wanted to get mad but like I said we all knew this was not going to end well once he walked Bryant.

And this offense can't have 5< hits 3-4 games in a row, have the one offensive explosion and repeat the cycle and think it's all good. Not with this current bullpen.  Can only improve when Robertson and Arano return.  Right?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

When are Robertson and the humans jugs machine Hunter coming back?

PhillyPhreak54