Around the NFL - 2018

Started by General_Failure, February 06, 2018, 07:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Out of context quote by the Bills GM: "I don't know what we're doing. I honestly don't."

SD

The Colts just ass raped the Jets:

Colts receive:
2018 6th overall pick
2018 2nd round pick 37th overall
2018 2nd round pick 49th overall
2019 2nd round pick

Jets receive:
2018 3rd overall pick

MDS

they could still get saquon at 6
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

If the Jets get their guy, it's not any more of a rape than what the Browns did to the Eagles in the Wentz trade.

SD

Quote from: QB Eagles on March 17, 2018, 11:32:23 AM
If the Jets get their guy, it's not any more of a rape than what the Browns did to the Eagles in the Wentz trade.

Define "get their guy". They can get their guy, he could be a bust. If Wentz was a bust the Eagles would have been ass raped by the Browns.

QuoteThe Eagles sent five draft picks to the Browns: the No. 8 pick in the first round, a third-round pick (77th overall) and a fourth-round pick (100th overall) in this year's draft, a first-round pick in 2017 and a second-round pick in 2018. Cleveland also sends a fourth-round pick in 2017 to the Eagles.

The Eagles moved from 8 to 2, the Jets are moving from 6 to 3. Revisionist history but the Eagles picked an elite franchise QB. They recouped a 1st and a 4th back in the trade and received a 4th back from the Browns. End of the day they only parted with a 2018 2nd round pick.

The question is what is more valuable. A 3rd round pick (the 4th is irrelevant since Cleveland the Eagles traded 4ths just on different years), a 2017 1st round pick, and a 2018 2nd round pick to move up 6 spots. Or 3 2nd round picks to move up 3.

PhillyPhreak54

QB Eagles

Quote from: AO1 on March 17, 2018, 11:39:07 AM
Define "get their guy".

The price is such that all that matters is the pick. If he's a good franchise QB, this trade was excellent. If he's not, everyone involved will be fired within a few years. Which they would have been anyway if the team doesn't see big improvement.

Can't really criticize them when they are doing exactly what the Eagles did. Bring back the okay guy from the previous year (Bradford/McCown). Sign a questionable vet backup with some chance of upside (Daniel/Bridgewater), shoot the moon in the draft to ensure you get the guy you want. The Jets are aware of what they are giving up in this trade, and it's not some unthinkable amount, it's about right to get the #3.

SD

MDS

panthers sale going north of 2.5 bills

makes you wonder what a marquee franchise could get. jerrah is never selling but couldnt he get 8-10?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

The Cowboys revenue was about 2.18x the Panthers. If the valuation scales the same way, that's about 5.5 billion.

If you look at where the Cowboys money comes from though, it's not a pure function of having the most fans. It's because Jerrah is a master of finding new ways for the team to generate revenue. He's a shtein GM but he knows how to make money like no other owner. As a result, I think the team is worth more with Jones in charge than if he would sell it to some "normal" billionaire.

MDS

then you gotta factor in how badly some rich dude wants to own the cowboys, which goes well beyond "revenue projection"

Zanshin

I almost pulled the trigger on it at $2.45 billion...but once it hit $2.5 billion, I was like...meh, not worth it. Hope the backup buyer enjoys the team.

Diomedes

Bucs D-Line at end of 2017 season

Will Gholston - Gerald McCoy - Clinton McDonald - Robert Ayers

Bucs D-Line now

Vinny Curry - Gerald McCoy - Beau Allen - JPP.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Phreak's boy Trevone Boykin is now available.

QuoteThe Seattle Seahawks have released backup quarterback Trevone Boykin in the wake of a report that he's under investigation for alleged domestic violence.

The Seahawks announced Boykin's release Tuesday morning. The move came less than two hours after WFAA-TV in Dallas reported on its website that police in Mansfield, Texas are investigating Boykin following allegations from his girlfriend, Shabrika Bailey.

The woman told WFAA that Boykin attempted to choke her and broke her jaw in two places during an incident that occurred at his home last week. She said she blacked out while Boykin was attempting to choke her and then came to in a "puddle of blood on the kitchen floor."

The woman said Boykin drove her to Dallas Regional Medical Center in Mesquite, Texas and that he fled when hospital staff began questioning the two separately. The woman was airlifted to Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas for further treatment because she was having trouble breathing and spent three days there, according to the report.

SD

All those stupid "no more" ads really had an impact I see