Around the NFL - 2018

Started by General_Failure, February 06, 2018, 07:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

All they had to do in order to get all that draft capital was go 0-16 with the incompetent coach Brown hired, eat the Brock Osweiler contract, and trade away the right to draft two MVP-level quarterbacks who could dominate the NFL for the next decade.

They did so "well"!

QB Eagles

Supposedly Richard Sherman has been saying bye to all his teammates. Seahawks fully doing their rebuild. Probably needed, but we'll see if they are able to get back to SB form while Russell is still elite.

Eagaholic

I wouldn't be surprised if they had near the most cap space ever as well, at > $100 million. If would be a fun hypothetical to see what would happen if Belichick went to Cle with all those picks and cap space. Dynasty? 1-15? IDK. Irresistable force meeting immovable object kind of thing.

QB Eagles

The Browns have a lot of really good individual players, honestly. Just no QB, a coach who demonstrably farged up a million times last season and doesn't seem to be able to cohere this group into a team, and a bottom-3 NFL owner running the circus.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagaholic on March 07, 2018, 03:53:12 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they had near the most cap space ever as well, at > $100 million. If would be a fun hypothetical to see what would happen if Belichick went to Cle with all those picks and cap space. Dynasty? 1-15? IDK. Irresistable force meeting immovable object kind of thing.

john dorsey is actually really good...jesus is there a more giddy guy in the nfl than him
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22683897/derrius-guice-says-combine-nfl-team-asked-likes-men

Wow.  It's 2018, right?

My reply would have been something along the lines of, "Hey, I heard you molest little boys.   Is that true?"

And why didn't he identify the offending douchebag?  Oh that's right.  He didn't want to get blackballed.

ice grillin you

not even remotely surprising....its the nfl.....the whole league is a bunch of neanderthals...its why i can barely watch it anymore unless its the eagles

Rome

Asking a question like that in any other profession would get you fired and your organization's ass sued like a motherfarger. 

Literally shook my head when I read that. 

ice grillin you

yeah i dont know how they get away with that...someone should sue them

Rome

The minute you do your nfl career is over.  Plus they're just queers, right?   I mean it's not as if a large percentage of the rank & file has ever experienced discrimination or anything. 

Sgt PSN

My hot take on this is that it's more of a mental agility kind of test to see how a person reacts. Players talk shtein all the time. Makes sense that you'd want to fond out how easy it is to get in someone's head in a tense situation.  Or it could be to gauge their reaction to unexpected questions they might get from the media.

Seems like a good idea, but terrible execution.

QB Eagles

Vince Lombardi intentionally went out of his way to sign gay players and coaches 50 years ago. Yet we still have people being stupid about this. Christ.

Rome

A prospective employer simply cannot ask about a person's sexual preference.  I mean I have been off for a couple of days, so maybe Sessions' gestapo thugs may have changed that, but otherwise, no sir. 

QB Eagles

Damn. I get the feeling the Rams wanted some new corners this season.

Eagaholic

If a player got one of those questions, I'd like to see them look the coach right back in the eye and ask him if he's ever had an extramarital affair. And regardless of the answer go on to ask (by name) if his kids were aware of it.