Around the NFL - 2018

Started by General_Failure, February 06, 2018, 07:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Couldn't care less about the game.  I'll be there for Dawk's induction. 

General_Failure

After a super bowl win, IGY's really got to stretch to find things to bitch about.

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

Quote from: General_Failure on February 13, 2018, 12:13:07 PM
After a super bowl win, IGY's really got to stretch to find things to bitch about.

Yes a team with Trump-hating activists beat the greatest dynasty in NFL history with a backup and a trick play called the "Philly Special", while basically the whole country was rooting for them and loving them, but some of the people on the team still love Jesus.

ice grillin you

i couldnt care less i dont give a rats ass about dawk....its a ton of the dawk fan boys and eagle fans in general who are bitching
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on February 13, 2018, 12:24:00 PM
Quote from: General_Failure on February 13, 2018, 12:13:07 PM

Yes a team with Trump-hating activists beat the greatest dynasty in NFL history with a backup and a trick play called the "Philly Special", while basically the whole country was rooting for them and loving them, but some of the people on the team still love Jesus.

phillies championship was bigger for me....do i wish they had beaten the yankees to win of course...tampa is trash...but because of the drought and it being my first adult title it passes this....gotta remember i like all four teams equally where as most of you are only birds fans or if not then birds number one with a bullet....so while its surreal to you its just farging awesome to me

SD

You don't believe your own bullshtein.

General_Failure

You, an idiot: FOOTBALL!
Me, an intellectual: All sports are equal, you see.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on February 13, 2018, 12:40:43 PM

ask anyone ive ever known and ive told them the same reality a million times...believe it or not not everyone likes the eagles the bestest

Zanshin

Exactly, IGY. It's not like they're the taterskins, right? Besides it would be completely out of character for you to say something ridiculous to get a rise out of people. Come on, SD...get with the program.

SD

Quote from: Zanshin on February 13, 2018, 12:55:23 PM
Exactly, IGY. It's not like they're the taterskins, right? Besides it would be completely out of character for you to say something ridiculous to get a rise out of people. Come on, SD...get with the program.

I'm sorry

ice grillin you

Quote from: Zanshin on February 13, 2018, 12:55:23 PM

if some one gets a rise out of me not liking the eagles more than the other three teams then they got issues

if i was trying to get a rise out of people on an eagle board id say how im the biggest eagle fan of all time and this means more to me than anyone else here and you all just dont understand blah blah blah....saying i like the flyers as much as the eagles should bother no one

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 13, 2018, 12:53:07 PM

ask anyone ive ever known and ive told them the same reality a million times...believe it or not not everyone likes the eagles the bestest

hes said this a million times but its complete bs. hes just lying to himself at this point. its like the mother with 4 kids who pampers and spoils 1 (lets name it sixers) in a really obvious overt way but can never admit its her favorite.

anyway the eagles arent playing in the hof game because they just won the super bowl. their offseason is already short, the nfl isnt going to make it shorter.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on February 13, 2018, 01:13:22 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on February 13, 2018, 12:53:07 PM

hes said this a million times but its complete bs. hes just lying to himself at this point. its like the mother with 4 kids who pampers and spoils 1 (lets name it sixers) in a really obvious overt way but can never admit its her favorite.

this isnt remotely true but its at least a legitimate take...unlike thinking im just making it up for a message board and it isnt really how i feel

Zanshin

I actually don't care. Obviously, if the Phillies win means more to you, that's a you thing and visceral reaction to it being the first Philly win in a good bit. But the quality of the competition and the storylines behind the championships aren't really comparable. The Eagles win had unbelievable storylines. I loved watching the Phillies win, but I hated that it was against the Rays (and even more when they were playing in that stupid dome, which sucks for baseball).

SD

Quote from: Zanshin on February 14, 2018, 09:43:05 AM
I actually don't care. Obviously, if the Phillies win means more to you, that's a you thing and visceral reaction to it being the first Philly win in a good bit. But the quality of the competition and the storylines behind the championships aren't really comparable. The Eagles win had unbelievable storylines. I loved watching the Phillies win, but I hated that it was against the Rays (and even more when they were playing in that stupid dome, which sucks for baseball).

I'm a 4 for 4 guy. I'll admit, when a teams doing better I pay closer attention but I watch every game even if it's just on as background noise. Would I root harder for the Flyers if they were on a Cup run than I would for the Eagles if they were 4-12? Hell yeah.

The Phillies win was a slow build of young talent who developed and took steps to winning the WS. That it was against the Rays never bothered me. The Rays were a quality team and Maddon is the best coach in the league. It was a relief the drought was over and that whole run was amazing but the Phillies also won a WS in 1980. I was only 5, but old heads still remember the win.

Philly is a sports town. But more than anything Football drives the city.

Let's be honest, even the most optimistic Eagles fan (Jay) didn't think the Birds were winning the SB. Once we saw what Wentz could do we were hopeful, once he went down it was back to doom. So the Eagles winning the SB really came out of nowhere. It caught us all off guard because it was so unexpected. Whereas the Phillies was a slow buildup and we could believe a WS victory was in the future...but the Eagles not so much.

The Phillies run took the city by storm. The difference is when they're bad fans aren't as invested. On the flipside Eagles fans are 24/7 nuts about the team because bottom line is Philly is a Football city above all else. People can rank their passion for their teams however they like, but the Birds winning their first SB with a back up QB against the Pats is about as Philly as it gets.

I'm thrilled with both championships. To me it's silly to rank which one was better because I love both teams.