2018 NFL DRAFT

Started by Rome, April 26, 2018, 08:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Quote from: General_Failure on April 26, 2018, 11:18:29 PM
Can you imagine what kind of idiot is willing to wait up until midnight to see what guy their team drafted?

Yeah but the excitement of hearing they traded out completely after watching for four hours can't be matched. 

Diomedes

[igy]It's like watching a soccer game that ends in a 0-0 draw.  Exciting![/igy]
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

I'm going to admit obvious bias but last nights draft was completely dull compared to last years on the Philly parkway. There was nothing "Dallas" about the draft. It felt like it was back in NY.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: AO1 on April 27, 2018, 09:29:15 AM
I'm going to admit obvious bias but last nights draft was completely dull compared to last years on the Philly parkway. There was nothing "Dallas" about the draft. It felt like it was back in NY.

Could be the Super Bowl hangover... could be the Sixer mania... could be that the Eagles were last and it didn't seem like a state secret that they would likely look to trade it... could be the boring MA presentation in JerryWorldTM... it could be any and all of that, but it just didn't hold my attention like it has in the past.

ice grillin you

i was really into because of all the qb drama and loved watching it even if the eagle part of it was lackluster and predictable but to sd's point the atmosphere there was incredibly antiseptic and a joke compared to philly....jerry basically used the draft as an infomercial for his complex
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

the only thing i liked was the idea of having a handful of fans from each team right by the stage, but thats something that is not in any way exclusive to this draft.

but otherwise, yea, it was awful. the draft itself was actually pretty good and this is from someone that hates drafts. it moved quickly. but you cant go from 50k on the parkway and a concert atmosphere to a couple thou in a giant mall.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

The picks themselves had far more intrigue than a typical year. With that many QBs going, a lot of franchises were either built or carpet-bombed for the next half decade.

It's simply awful as an event.

Rome

The fans idea was moronic.  The best part of having it in a city is to allow that city's fans the chance to celebrate.   But sure, having an equal number of Titans and Chargers fans there was an awesome idea.  Goodell and his gang of mindless PC drones can suck it raw. 

Rome

Vince Young sighting!  Paging Rusty!!

QB Eagles

The Rams own 4 of the 6 picks between 192 and 197.