2018 Off Season Thread (First One As Super Bowl Champions)

Started by ice grillin you, February 28, 2018, 02:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

hard to say any position is deep for the eagles since they only pick twice in the first 130 picks but RB is loaded this year
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i would guess they go with: ajayi, clement, pumphrey, rookie as the 4 rbs on the roster next year.

they obviously will bring in a somewhat notable veteran and a decent undrafted option for camp but douglas loves pumphrey and what killed him last year was injuries not talent.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

no surprise here but rappaport reporting eagles will release vinny curry

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 04, 2018, 05:25:57 PM
no surprise here but rappaport reporting eagles will release vinny curry

He's definitely not worth $11 million but cutting him comes with $6 million in dead cap space. I think Means steps in and plays well.

ice grillin you

new howie and joe d dont draft for need but if BPA is even close i think they will take a DE to throw in the rotation...they put so much emphasis on the lines

MDS

rappaport is a top 5 terrible person in the nfl and he backed off the curry report immediately. could take a paycut or get traded. not breaking news to say hes not coming back for his current salary.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hbionic

If there's a way to keep Blount, I say we do it. And what I say is important.

It was magic having Blount and Ajai back there. It kept them both fresh with Clement as a perfect complement.

If no one has an ego, and they can focus on winning, this is the formula. Blount had some nice TD runs in the NFCCG and Superbowl.

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

roll that blount....smoke that jay

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

Blount will get paid elsewhere, and leave without any hard feelings. 

It will be Ajayi, Clement, Smallwood, Pumphrey, and a rookie.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on March 05, 2018, 06:29:44 AM
Blount will get paid elsewhere, and leave without any hard feelings. 

Nobody wanted him last season after he rushed for over 1000 yards and lead the league with 18 TDS. The Birds didn't sign him until a few months moths into free agency and he signed for $1 million which is peanuts. He's also 31. If they can re-sign him for roughly the same deal and have a Blount/Ajayi/Clement backfield again they'd be crazy not to. Smallwood is camp fodder and Pumphrey would be possible trade bait if the draft wasn't so stacked at RB. My only worry would be with Ayaji in a split backfield for an entire season. Hopefully the Super bowl victory takes his selfish ego out of the equation.

Zanshin

If they didn't keep Smallwood, I wouldn't care at all. He hasn't done much with the opportunities he's had. He looks like a guy.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Diomedes on March 05, 2018, 06:29:44 AM
It will be Ajayi, Clement, Smallwood, Pumphrey, and a rookie.

This is what will actually happen. And Ajayi, Clement, and the rookie will be the guys who actually get touches Week 1. The other two might not survive camp, so the roster will be rounded out by someone from the league recycling bin.

SD

Being reported the Birds were offered a 2nd for Foles. Pass. If they got a 1st and 4th for Sammy sleeves they ought to get more for Foles. I'd actually make it known I was holding onto him until training camp to make sure Wentz is fully recovered...let's other teams know they're not desperate to trade him and they need to up the ante. Worst case scenario you go into the season with acSB MVP as your backup.

QB Eagles

Based on the talk leading up to today, I would be shocked if they traded him for a 2nd. I think they are totally comfortable with the situation as-is, but are open to trades if someone makes a ridiculous offer. It's gotta be somewhere he wants to go too, so that he can sign an extension.