Wildlife/Animal Thread

Started by ice grillin you, December 06, 2006, 11:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susquehanna Birder

Somebody's thirsty...

...and gathering an audience...

MadMarchHare

Hyenas right now.  And it sounds like they're killing something.  Cameraman is trying to find it.
Anyone but Reid.

SD_Eagle5

Right now on one of the HD channels (205 where I live) there's a Discovery documetary called the 'Trek' which is a enormous herd of Wildabeasts mixed with some Zebra's that are migrating across Africa. So far they've been hunted by Lions, Leopards, Cheetahs, and Crocodiles. It's about 1 hour in but it's 3 hours long and it's truly amazing.

bowzer

what time is best to watch this?? Everytime I check it out, there's nothing going on.

BigEd76

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

i am really upset this link doesn't work anymore.

nice vid biscuit, thats hard to believe
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

ATV

Regarding the baboon video, the big cat's reaction wasn't actually that surprising to me.

I could never do that sort of filming work. There would be absolutely no way I could live with myself without trying to rescue that baby baboon. farg natures course or whatever bullshtein.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

BigEd76

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

shorebird

Pretty amazing. Looks like a real big cat and a smaller than usual croc. I don't think a leopard could take a full grown croc.

Diomedes

well, a full grown croc can reach 18, 20 feet, right?  so no, I doubt any cat could accomplish that feat...this one appears to be at least six feet long though..not exactly easy pickins
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

yea a lion can't take on a croc, especially the big ones in africa. those are some crazy pictures though. that leopard farged the croc up!
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

phieagles91

that link doesn't work anymore, does anyone have the updated one?