Nelson Agholor, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 30, 2015, 10:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

He had a good year and was stellar in the Super Bowl. He had some huge catches that final drive.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

So Agholar's salary this year is now guaranteed.  I'm shocked (but pleased) that they kept him.

Makes for a pretty formidable WR set with Alshon the Great and Pimp.  In 2 TE sets, you've got Zach and Dallas out there too...they can't cover everyone.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Don Ho

Like this!  Pimp, Alshon, Agholor, Stop drop & roll, and the freak TE = good shtein
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

Might even get lucky and have more than three of them healthy simultaneously at some point during the season.

General_Failure

Quote from: QB Eagles on March 14, 2019, 08:55:42 PM
Might even get lucky and have more than three of them healthy simultaneously at some point during the season.

Can you imagine how good Sudfeld's going to look throwing to them in week 15?

The man. The myth. The legend.

Don Ho

General_Failure

Assume it takes him a couple weeks to get acclimated.

Eagaholic

The real key is to now get a legit threat at RB so Doug doesn't have to go Andy express throwing 90% on the time. Then we might see Wentz healthy past week 10.

General_Failure

Better get two. They can't seem to stay healthy either.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagaholic on March 15, 2019, 02:39:12 AM
The real key is to now get a legit threat at RB so Doug doesn't have to go Andy express throwing 90% on the time. Then we might see Wentz healthy past week 10.

obviously there are many factors that go into it (game score/situation, game planning, etc..) but i ran some numbers that are fairly interesting

if you take out the dallas game in 2017 where it was primarily the nate sudfeld show foles played four games with the ajayi/blount/good clement group and four games with the hideous josh adams/smallwood/sproles group

in the four games with the good backs doug threw 59% of the time
in the four games with the trash heap doug threw 58% of the time

total attempts were almost equal as well 264-258

for his three seasons as hc in the nfl doug is at 58% pass

moral of the story is regardless of total roster or who is at QB or on the OL....im pretty sure we know how much doug is going to pass the ball
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

They ran 38.23% and passed 61.77% of the time in 2018.  They ran 44.22% and passed 55.78% in 2017. 

Which season was more successful?   Which team had better runners?

Look, it's a passing league.  No one is disputing that.  But balance is important unless you have Tom Brady on your team.  Wentz is no Tom Brady.   They need to address the running game because the slop they have now won't cut the mustard.

I think they will because they're smart guys and they can see the same analytical advantage in being balanced as we can.   Whether Dougie will be disciplined enough to stick with it is another matter, though. 

ice grillin you

than ran more in the superbowl year because they were up and up by a lot in most of those games

why were they up?...becuase wentz was the mvp of the league if he doesnt get hurt

Rome

They pounded the farg out of the ball and that allowed Wentz that extra second or two of defensive indecision to kill them.  If you're suggesting they won despite the superior running backs/game they had, that's fine.  I wouldn't expect any less of you. 

General_Failure

Are these stats counting the number of times Wentz ran on broken plays?

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on March 15, 2019, 11:16:35 AM
They pounded the farg out of the ball

hard lol...they ran it five times more per game....they won six games by 20+ pts...they trailed in the fourth quarter three? times all year

but you dont even need to look at the numbers....did you watch the games?...if you think they "pounded the farg out of the ball" to win those games then you just werent paying attention...they "pounded the farg out of the ball" up 30 in the 4Q...in those six games im taking about run pass was 50/50 but doug is a career 58% pass guy....do the math

Quote from: Rome on March 15, 2019, 11:16:35 AM
If you're suggesting they won despite the superior running backs/game they had, that's fine.  I wouldn't expect any less of you. 

i dont think you understand what despite means because how you could read my post and come away with the idea that i was saying they won the superbowl despite their RB's is beyond me...in fact i specifically said how superior the 2017 group was yet doug threw the same amount with foles in the game

i wasnt suggesting anything....i posted objectifiable numbers that probably but not definitely show that doug is going to be a coach who is in the high 50's% pass range moving forward regardless of the personnel