The Hip-Hop Thread

Started by hbionic, May 15, 2006, 05:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

If hip hip could stay on that kind of track and build off that.....wheew. That beat was nasty.
Too tired of the dirty dirty south, ol krunk garbage thats out...killing hip hop.

ice grillin you

that garbage isnt even hip-hop
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

well Im summarizing hip hop as a whole. Im not getting into the distinguishing between rap and hip hop. No need to get deep on me

ice grillin you

im not...im saying that krunk shtein...whatever it is...isnt hip-hop...the south can go to hell

Diomedes

please to grace us with the definitions and distinctions, oh wise one..
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

true rap music is sampled beats

1. a drump loop is key to a great song...tho its not a requirement to a great song the best producers can sample drums as opposed to using a drum machine...which a chimpanzee can be taught to do

2. next is a bassline...maybe the key to any good rap song...basslines pretty much have to be sampled...a live bass has and can be done well (see the roots) but its not hip-hop at its essence as it has to much of a live music feel...not that dusty dirty sound that is hip-hop...programmed basslines are out of the question and sound liek complete garbage...if someone programms a baseline they have no respect for the music or the culture

3. thirdly...a second loop...can be anything from a horn to a xylophone to a piano to a guitar...unlike the first two samples which should and if quality hip-hop will come from 70's soul music this sample can come from a variety of musical genres...from a black sabbarth guitar loop...to a jefferson airplane keyboard...it can even be a vocal sample...a marvin gaye ah or ooooh  that would have more soul than some slave shoes

these aritists these day making beats on computers and with programs like fruity loops or a roalnd keyboard are disgraceful...its not even music much less rap music

yeah i know there are mad haters out there that will say sampling in general is not real music..but they just dont know...making a true to life quality hip-hop beat takes more skill than writing live band music...and thats the truth

sampling laws killed hip-hop...if youre kayne west you can pay tens of thousands of dollars to clear samples...but most cant do that...howver the heads from the south even the ones who can afford it wont do it...theyd rather make a garbage track in five minutes on their computer than put in work to make a quality product...and the sheep that make up the music buyiong public roll right along with it...its enough to make me wanna castrate myself

ice grillin you

check this track

bob james' 'nautilus'

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=66D9FC6C6E4D5DF1

sampled on over 30 hip-hop songs

the best of them being daytona 500 by ghostface...one of the ten best rap songs of all-time

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=C6AEE78B7A63A6BD

gives a little taste of how sampling is done...and done at its best

and not done by puffy where an entire song is jacked

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 25, 2006, 09:31:22 PMyeah i know there are mad haters out there that will say sampling in general is not real music..but they just dont know...making a true to life quality hip-hop beat takes more skill than writing live band music...and thats the truth

I don't have to be a hater to say that what you've said here is ludicrous.  I'll accept as-talented-as, but not more.  If you really think it's harder, then we'll just have to agree to disagree.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

all one needs to do is look at the transition from rap artist to live musician compared to the other way around...in a sense its unfair as 99% of white people dont have the soul to pull off hip-hop music...but still non rap artists couldnt make a good rap song to save their life...where as rap artists can and have gone live music and been relatively successful

ice grillin you

haha...listen and learn to daytona 500 and if you can listen and not wanna beat up your own mother then youre the tin man....

say peace to cats who rock mack knowledge
knowledgists, street astrologists
light up the mic God, knowledge this
fly joints that carried your points
corolla Motorola holder
play it God, he pack over the shoulder
Chrome tanks, player like Yanks, check the franchise
Front on my guys, my enterprise smash many lives
Rapel on fakes like reflectors
He had sugar in his hand in his last crack career
We can can him, manhandle him, if you wanna
run in his crib-o, get ditto, skate like a limo
And jet to the flyest estate, relate take a break
Break down an eighth and then wait drop it like Drake
Thugs they be booing and screwing, we canoeing
Claim they doin the same shtein we doin, farg your unit
It's the same style, RZA train aboard, jump the turnstyle
On the alley tried to challenge God for the new vials
Especially that, aluminum bat in the act
Relax, lay back, sell a grenade a day, it pays black
The Mac-10 flex white cats like Windex
Index finger be sore, bustin these fly scripts
The Wally kid count crazily grands with our plans
Layin with my bitches and my mans in Lex Lands
We losin em, jet to the stash in new Jerusalem
Abusin em, rockin his jewels like we usin em
Low pro star, seven thick waves rock Polar
Roll with the older God, build with the Son and the Star

Mercury raps is rough then God just shown like taps
Red and white Wally's that match, bend my baseball hat
Doin forever shtein, like pissin out the window on turnpikes
Robbin stillupfront's momz for leathers, high swipin on dirt bikes
Voice be metal like Von Harper radio bubble
Murder sleep away camp, the fly lady champ
The arsonist, who burn with his pen regardless
Slaying all these earthlings and fake foreigners
In the Phillipines, pick herbal beans, bubbling strings
Body chemical CREAM, we burn kerosene
The conviction of my tape is rape, wicked like Nixon
Long-heads inscriptions with three sixes in
Kiss the pyramid experiment with high explosive
I slapbox with Jesus, lick shots at Joseph
Zoomin like binoculars, the rap blacksmith
Money's Rolex, with sparkles, Chef ragtop is spotless
I'm Iron Man no cheap cash metal I'm steel alloy
True identity hidden inside secret tabloids
Breathe oxygen both sides of my jaw carry oxes
The track hit like the bangers, in hundred watt boxes
Yo jostling these cats while Little J be deli-ing
Sip Irish Moss out of Widelians

Diomedes

I don't have to say that's crap to say it's not more skillfull than It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding,) for example.  Claim rap is more skillful than other music/art, and you just don't make sense anymore.  Is painting more skillful than movie making?  Is symphony more skillful than sculpture?  Come on.  Hip hop is the child of pop music and poetry, and I think it's an art.  But that means it's not more skillful than any other by definition.

ice grillin you

whats more skillful is opinion....whats fact is that non hip-hop artists cannot not make quality hip-hop music where as hip-hop artists are capable of making good non rap music...maybe that means nothing maybe that means eveything but it is truth....

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 25, 2006, 10:49:37 PM..but it is truth....

Well, we disagree.  I hope you can find your way through the grief.

Wingspan

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 25, 2006, 10:49:37 PM
whats more skillful is opinion....whats fact is that non hip-hop artists cannot not make quality hip-hop music where as hip-hop artists are capable of making good non rap music...maybe that means nothing maybe that means eveything but it is truth....

i highly doubt that
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

hunt

lemonade was a popular drink and it still is