2012 Sixers Offseason Thread

Started by SunMo, June 12, 2012, 02:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

Why are there all of the sudden rumors for guys to replace Thorn at GM and maybe president?  I thought he was staying on?

QuoteAdrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Danny Ferry is the frontrunner to replace Rod Thorn as 76ers GM, league sources told Y! Sports. Doug Collins is pushing Ferry's candidacy.

and then Gargano said that Barkley is interested in the job...wut
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

the sucession plan was always to begin after his initial three year deal was up....he also has a follow up three or five year deal to stay on as a consultant....i was reading somewhere that it could happen sooner rather than later but that dont surprised if the search for his replacement takes upwards of one or two years to complete
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Did I read that correctly, they're bringing Danny Ferry in to replace Rod Thorn?

MDS

its just an interview

doug wants him so its a whole thing about how much power they want to give doug if they go with his guy
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Dook on realgm thinks Iggy gets moved for either Gasol or Al Jefferson. Brand gets amnesty clause. The Sixers will talk to Humphries and Deron Williams once free agency opens. They have interest in Deron but don't think the interest is mutual. Some other stuff I glossed over but I thought the Al Jefferson talk was interesting.