2009 CF Pick 'Em

Started by Diomedes, September 03, 2009, 07:31:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Some of yous are beatsauce in week one right now.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

Eesh.....Not a good week. I only took quick glances but it seems 9 is the best score so far this week, tonight and monday nights game not withstanding.

I enjoyed the weekly review Dio, minus your piss poor evaluation of my picks, of course.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

i dont know or care what im doing in this wack ass league but i put up a 160 johnson in my real shtein.....ill repeat that for sun....onemutherfargingsixty
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i wanted to put 50 down on the niners to cover but since everyone is jewish that didnt happen. hitler.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 20, 2009, 09:25:53 PM
i dont know or care what im doing in this wack ass league but i put up a 160 johnson in my real shtein.....ill repeat that for sun....onemutherfargingsixty

Wrong thread, slick. In any case, you may get lucky and beat me as I was not around before the games started to take Welker out of my line up. It's gonna come down to what Witten does for you tonight vs. what Reggie Wayne does for me tomorrow night.

Diomedes

I might as well post the wrap up here in addition to the Yahoo page.

Week One Wrap Up
Best week: T-Hawk and Munron each managed 14 correct picks. The difference was that T-hawk picked well and Munron got lucky. They each took one underdog. T-hawk went with a team that soundly beat their opponent: New York over Houston. Munron took Denver, who got an exceptionally lucky win over Cincy on a freak play with only seconds remaining.

Worst week: Sassy takes it up the rear for liking Miami, Tamba Bay, and Chicago in addition to other more common wrong picks (Houston, Cincy, Arizona).

Outlier of the week: Phatty was the only person to take Washington over New York, or St. Louis over Seattle. They rewarded him for his support accordingly.
Phreak and Bowzer were the only players to take San Francisco over Arizona. So many gay jokes, so little time.

Groupthink:  We were unanimous as a group on five games this week--six if you count the Pittsburgh vs. Tennessee matchup, for which FK didn't make a pick. In all six games, we picked the winner.
---
Homer picks of the weekrjs, PPinDC, SunMo and I wisely picked against the Eagles, and though we were undeniably right to do so, they let us down.

Homer over under:  Over/under on how many of us pick Philly this week: 3

Week Two Wrap Up
Best weekPPinDC and I each had 11 correct picks.  The difference between us was that PPinDC took the underdog Jets correctly, while missing on the San Fran/Seattle matchup, which I got right.  For having taken more underdogs correctly than I did -- we both had Oakland, New Orleans, Baltimore, NYG -- he clearly gets the nod as this week's winner.

Worst week: Ignoring players who don't bother to try--see below--SunMo and 4th&26 tied for the lousiest score at seven.  Both had Cleveland and Dallas, which hurt them on top of league wide poor performance from week 2 favorites.

Outlier of the week:  Once again, Phatty picks against the grain more than anyone else.  He had some success with it:  he was one of only three to go with the Jets, one of only four to favor Arizona, as well as being one of only two to side with San Fran.  But he also suffered by being the only player to support Detroit, one of two who liked Tampa Bay, one of only three to pick Philly, not to mention the ground lost by taking Cleveland over Denver, one of only four to make that sage call.
Tomahawk gets honorable mention for being the only player to favor Carolina, while also taking unpopular NY Jets and Tampa Bay.

Groupthink:  We were unanimous in our picks on three games this week, getting only one of them right:  Everyone liked Green Bay and Tennessee incorrectly, and we all got the Indy victory correct.

Not even trying to competeReese forgot the NFL was playing games this week and did not make any picks.  Bowzer must have been late coming home from Saturday Night Teabagging; he made picks only for the late games.
----
Homer picks of the week:  I pegged the over under at three for how many of us would take the Eagles over the Saints.  The number who did so:  three.  These homer losers were FK, Phatty, and of course, Phreak

Week 3 Homer Over Under:  Philadelphia vs. Kansas City: 10
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

of course?!

I had the Saints all week and changed it Sunday morning.

Doesn't that count for anything?

Sgt PSN

of course it does.  it counts for -1 on your pick 'em score. 

PhillyPhanInDC

I picked four underdogs this week  :paranoid
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Munson

I think I have a few underdogs picked this week as well. Lotta tough to pick games this week.

Diomedes

I took Detroit, San Fran, Oakland, and Indy. 

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

lol, of the 12 players made their picks this week, ten of us took Detroit

Munson

PhillyPhanInDC

Click on "Members" you dumb farg.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Munson

If anyone knows about other members, it's you.