The "what the farg is right with this world" thread

Started by ice grillin you, November 27, 2015, 11:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I prefer Being Liberal on Facebook.  Much more balanced. 

🌈

rjs246

Quote from: Tomahawk on April 18, 2017, 08:26:57 AM
I can't stand Vox...too much like Fox News only to the left.

That's straight nonsense. Vox is liberal, no doubt, but they do in-depth policy analysis and include tons of data and evidence driven research for their pieces. To compare Vox to Fox News is to understand neither Fox News nor Vox.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

rjs246

Quote from: Rome on April 18, 2017, 09:01:46 AM
I prefer Being Liberal on Facebook.  Much more balanced. 

Right. Being Liberal, Occupy Democrats, Politicus... there are plenty of examples of "the liberal fox news". Vox is not one of them.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

Occupy Democrats is such a horrendous pos group/organization. Nearly every meme or story I see from them on FB is full of inaccuracies or flat out lies.

Munson

Vox is to the left as something like National Review is to the right....though to be fair I only follow a couple of NR writers and I hate Crystol so maybe I'm being too kind to NR, but the guys I enjoy reading do a lot of the same stuff Vox does in terms of providing links to other stories/data/opposing view points.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

I only like websites that produce content I agree with or can masturbate to.

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Sgt PSN

hbionic

Sarge, your mom lost weight.

No more deep fried burrito-burgers as a post-midnight snack, snack? I can see her stomach blubber now.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

oriley and chaffetz going away announcements on the same day....finally something to be happy about
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

I have a broken 4' level made by Johnson, out of WI.  Only one of the six spirit vials works.  Since I'm home today on account of rain, I call them up for help identifying the model number, so I can order replacement vials. 

I get a human being on the line, and she knows her shtein; we figure out what I have.  It's discontinued, parts not available.

So they're sending me a replacement level, for free.

New level, free...for making a phone call.  I didn't have to send a receipt, or the broken level, nothing.

Yay Johnson Tool Company in Wisconsin. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

smeags

Quote from: Diomedes on May 05, 2017, 11:41:06 AM
I have a broken 4' level made by Johnson, out of WI.  Only one of the six spirit vials works.  Since I'm home today on account of rain, I call them up for help identifying the model number, so I can order replacement vials. 

I get a human being on the line,

you lost me here.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous