2019 Flyers - new coach

Started by SD, April 15, 2019, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Rome

So she sung a song 90 years ago written by other people and the PC Overlords now deem her to be an unperson?

General_Failure

You can't say take down the Civil War statues and then say the lady who sang That's Why Darkies Were Born is okay.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

it shouldnt be played in public arenas anyway as its basically a prayer...keep that shtein in church

as for fatty smith its not about god bless america its about the other songs she sung which are just beyond the pale...she literally did a song called 'why the darkies were born' and the answer is as the song says....to be slaves

you wanna song that represents everyone by a guy who was for everyone....sing this land is your land before games and suck on an overlords big cock

SD

The song was satire

More PC bullshtein

Congrats Trump on your re-election

Rome

I was just about to post that. 

The statues they're taking down were literal slave masters, not women singing songs written by other people.

It's the worst sort of cowardly knee-jerk liberal bullshtein, and SD is right... Trump will win again because of nonsense like this.

ice grillin you

trumps winning anyway because america is racist as farg and the people who arent dont vote

but almost worse than the racists are the cowards who tell people to sell their souls and not do whats truly right because it might offend racists

MDS

can you two MAGAers do me a favor and never utter "this is why trump won" ever again....ive heard this phrase 100000 times in the past 2 years. none of the reasons are accurate. stop. doing. it.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

He won because a lot of Americans got tired of being called inferior by liberal coastal snobs.  I'm not saying it isn't ironic that they voted for a coastal elite snob/sociopath who couldn't care less about them; I'm just saying they got tired of being ignored or mocked for their idiotic beliefs and voted for their own version of hope and change.

Kate Smith was a National icon.  There's no evidence that I'm aware of that indicates she was prejudiced or a racist in any way.   She was from the south and was born a hundred years ago, but that doesn't mean shtein.  Millions of white people were born in Philly during the same period and were virulent racists.  That's the way it was back then (and frankly remains so today). 

Should we shut down the city because a lot of the people who built it hated Asians or Blacks?

Come on...

General_Failure

Maybe start by not putting up statues of them, I guess.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on April 19, 2019, 08:22:01 PM
He won because a lot of Americans got tired of being called inferior by liberal coastal snobs.  I'm not saying it isn't ironic that they voted for a coastal elite snob/sociopath who couldn't care less about them; I'm just saying they got tired of being ignored or mocked for their idiotic beliefs and voted for their own version of hope and change.

nope

they voted for a guy who became a viable candidate on the back of birtherism then started his candidacy by calling all his hispanics rapists then started his presidency with a muslim ban....i do agree with the hope and change but their hope was for america to change and be great again like it was during slavery and jim crow

Quote from: Rome on April 19, 2019, 08:22:01 PM
Kate Smith was a National icon.  There's no evidence that I'm aware of that indicates she was prejudiced or a racist in any way.   She was from the south and was born a hundred years ago, but that doesn't mean shtein.  Millions of white people were born in Philly during the same period and were virulent racists.  That's the way it was back then (and frankly remains so today). 

Should we shut down the city because a lot of the people who built it hated Asians or Blacks?

keep your icon and your song in your basement and no one will care...no racist from philly or anywhere else is singing a song before a sporting event...get over it

MDS