Week 6 - Giants: Thursdays With Dougie

Started by MDS, October 08, 2018, 09:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

I'm so glad these two clownball teams are going to be showcased in prime time.

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

Looks like the Birds are only going to have 3 safeties and 4 LBs available for this game. One of the safeties has only played ST all season and another played the position for the first time in his life on Sunday.

PhillyPhreak54

It'll be the game where OBJ and Shepherd torch them and Eli looks like his 2007 self

Don Ho

Desperate, imploding Giants team vs. lethargic, lifeless defending Super Bowl champion, with patchwork secondary and offensive backfield.  Sounds like fun.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

General_Failure

Statistically, the defense is about the same as they were last year. I'm looking forward to Ertz's race to 120 catches, and don't really care if they win. They got a ring last year, and they're not protecting Wentz this year. Until they give me a reason, I don't care about this season at all.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Don Ho on October 10, 2018, 06:09:26 PM
with patchwork secondary.

unless you count Corey graham who shouldn't be in the nfl and was replaced by Trey Sullivan who is an upgrade they have their entire secondary except Rodney McLeod who admittedly is a big loss but they aren't going with a patchwork unit

the secondary stands out more because mistakes are so easily seen on the back end and even when it's not their fault it seems like it is but DT might be in worse overall shape right now

secondary is under performing the interior of the DL just plain sucks outside of fletcher...they really miss Jernigan...not making excuses cause they had worse injuries last year but the way the injuries this year have targeted certain positions has been ruthless

safety - DT - PR all had zero capable depth and they lost very good to great players at all three positions
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

has the NFL decided what teevee station tonight's game will be on?

I'm still befuddled by Thursday night games
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i think its also on nfln but its definitely on fox
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

thanks...I'll watch from the Golden Girls' basement...check back here for my astute in-game observations tonight
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

It's being streamed for free and legitimately on Twitch.

https://www.twitch.tv/primevideo

Eagles_Legendz

Diomedes

I'm afraid you're right.  NY desperate...PHI lurching in the hangover.

MDS

if your franchise qb cant out duel washed up old ass eli then maybe he aint
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

Game has been delayed by refs longer than its been played yet.