Sports Suffering Cities (updated thru '19 Washington Nationals)

Started by ice grillin you, January 28, 2006, 11:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

If IGY didn't know the Wings were a lacrosse team

i was pretty sure they were lax....but then someone said something about 1989 and i didnt think indoor lacrosse was around then

i can believe theres more than one person on this board that thinks indoor lacorsse is better than the nhl

seashell necklaces unite!
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

seashell necklaces aside--all the dumb jocks have some kind of stupid bling--I'd rather watch lacrosse than hockey any day
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

youd also rather run errands than watch the eagles so color me NOT surprised

Diomedes

yeah, that's totally what I said
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

igy celebrated in 1992 with the dtc when rypien and gibbs beat the bills. i dont know what hes been waiting so long for.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

dtc didnt start up until 96...nice try

PoopyfaceMcGee

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 06, 2007, 04:52:05 PM
dtc didnt start up until 96...nice try

put on that white hood, son. you is one of them.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 06, 2007, 02:10:20 PM
If IGY didn't know the Wings were a lacrosse team

i was pretty sure they were lax....but then someone said something about 1989 and i didnt think indoor lacrosse was around then

i can believe theres more than one person on this board that thinks indoor lacorsse is better than the nhl

seashell necklaces unite!

Indoor lacrosse is much more exciting than ice hockey to watch.  There's more action, more physical play (especially now) and more scoring, plus the NLL isn't beset with a collection of overpaid, overhyped Hoydas like the NHL is these days.

I'm not shteinting on hockey entirely because the sport is a rough, rugged and beautiful game when it's played properly.

It hasn't been since the strike, though, and I put the blame entirely on the chicken neck of Gary Bettman.  He's killed the league with his hairbrained schemes, his idiotic television contracts, and his insistence that the violence and aggression that made the game great be weaned out.

MDS

hitting and physicality of the sport = great
fighting= moronic
bettman = worst commish in the history of pro sports

the nhl was at one time a major sport. now its dead. what the hell is versus? come on.

phattymatty

Rome

You're only saying that because it's true.

ice grillin you

you're all farging crazy gay. 

romey i just realized likes lacrosse cause they arent "overpaid hoydas"...his obsession with rich athletes is something to behold...but at leats thats his excuse...i have no idea what everyone elses are

Rome

Your obsession with me is quite flattering.  A little spooky, but still, flattering.

Diomedes

why do I like lacrosse better than hockey?

a. you can tell what's going on in lacrosse..not so with hockey.  only way you know a goal was scored is the light on the goal..can't actually see the puck going in 75% of the time
b. the fighting in hockey is a major deterrent.  you don't see boxers break out into a tap dancing competition in the middle of a match...moreover, it occurs at least half the time because someone is angry, making it the only sport I can think of where it's okay to attack someone just because you are angry or frustrated..in boxing or UFC etc., fighting it the point..it's not occuring out of anger...encouraging athletes to fight because they're angry is stoopid.
c. the fans make NFL fans look like Jehovah witnesses politely rooting each other on to hand out more pamphlets...brutish lot of animals for the most part
d. professional lacrosse is affordable, hockey is not
e. those gorgeous, gleaming, fresh young white boys with the seashell necklaces are dreamy