The Big 5.5 Sports Thread

Started by ice grillin you, December 09, 2009, 10:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

looking at Palm/Lunardi/Glockner's brackets, and there's absolutely no consensus.  Pretty remarkable how bad it is this year.  Palm has Northwestern in and they aren't even on Glockner/Lunardi's last four out, and Lunardi and Glockner both have Drexel in the last four in but Palm doesn't have them in 1st four out.  One of them has Marshall in and they aren't even on the others radars.

MDS

you dont really think about things like this but greg gumbel is like 70 and its going to super weird to do the ncaa's without him
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagles_Legendz

VCU a 12 is a bad sign for Drexel.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagles_Legendz

I think Glockner had them in or like the first team out.  Better question is wtf bubble teams as 14 seeds??  Never seen an at-large below 13 I don't think let alone two 14 seeds.

ice grillin you

drexel appears to be done

lol @ cbs teasing whether temple is in or not...and did you see how many people temple had in their room...jesus the whole school was there
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

they do it in this little room inside the liac...its like for dinners and meetings before games

i love temples draw. get to see south florida/cal before they even come to us, then get a Hoyda soft big 10 team before unc will probably kill us.

and drexel gets jobbed. poor bruise

ice grillin you

drexel did not get jobbed

temple loses to cal for sure and probably s fla...at best they are both toss ups....i dont see how having to face the winner of that game is a draw youd love

MDS

because they gotta play wednesday then turn around and play again friday. should not have the same legs temple has.

also i gotta go with dunph getting a free looksee at them as a big advantage. if i dont trust dunph then whats the point.

another issue is one of my boys is a michigan alum and the other is a unc fan so i need those games to happen

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on March 11, 2012, 06:57:48 PM
because they gotta play wednesday then turn around and play again friday. should not have the same legs temple has.

also i gotta go with dunph getting a free looksee at them as a big advantage. if i dont trust dunph then whats the point.

i know you are smarter than this....s fla hasnt played since thursday and cal friday....having to play two games in a week is not going to matter...maybe if the winner of that game didnt have a day off before they played temple there might be a sliver of an advantage but as it stands now gimme a break

also gimme a break on a look see...is the cal s fla game each teams first game of the season?....or is dunph as we speak looking at film of the almost 4o games each team has played this year...

like one game this week is going to give dunph some sort of insight we all dont already know....but beyond that...its absolutely hilarious that you are acting like dunph is bobby knight...some genius who can prepare brilliantly for a team...i cant tell if you arent very smart or a complete homer but everything you say makes zero sense

PhillyPhreak54

When is The Havas Invitational open for enrollment? Bracket time!

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 11, 2012, 07:07:19 PM
Quote from: MDS on March 11, 2012, 06:57:48 PM

i know you are smarter than this....s fla hasnt played since thursday and cal friday....having to play two games in a week is not going to matter...maybe if the winner of that game didnt have a day off before they played temple there might be a sliver of an advantage but as it stands now gimme a break

also gimme a break on a look see...is the cal s fla game each teams first game of the season?....or is dunph as we speak looking at film of the almost 4o games each team has played this year...

like one game this week is going to give dunph some sort of insight we all dont already know....but beyond that...its absolutely hilarious that you are acting like dunph is bobby knight...some genius who can prepare brilliantly for a team...i cant tell if you arent very smart or a complete homer but everything you say makes zero sense

iim not lookin for a debate, im lookin for a temple vs unc sweet 16er

thats it thats the list

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 11, 2012, 07:13:41 PM
When is The Havas Invitational open for enrollment? Bracket time!

i dont do a bracket johnson....my man normally does....i assume he will again....ill find out tomorrow

MDS

temple gets the late game friday...10ish start

i would have preferred an afternoon tip but i can deal

also does anyone know the details on the march madness app. i know they are gonna charge but i think its free with a cable subscription or something. nerds?

ice grillin you

i know nothing about them but gottleib is pretty strong on ohio beating michigan...if temple can get oast the play in winner that would bode well for them...not that ohio couldnt beat them but better to play the lower seed