Good f'ing morning.

Started by hbionic, February 07, 2018, 11:26:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

It just is. Last couple of days have been great. I've had this new glow about me. This is starting to sink in. What a game. What a win. What a season. Barring dementia, loss of memory, or Alzheimer's...this will be with us forever. If we start off our day with the first thought being, "The Eagles won the Superbowl"...it automatically will be a good day, regardless what happens. For the rest of our lives.

Anyway, good morning to you all. Forever.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Zanshin

I realize how absurd this will sound...but that win really gave me a little hope that good things can happen and anything is possible. I haven't felt that way in a long time....

phattymatty

really has been a surreal few days. i'm going to let the feeling continue through tomorrow's parade and then on friday i'll contemplate what there is to look forward to, sports-wise. sixers championship is next on the bucket list, I guess.

PhillyPhreak54

I still don't know how to fully feel. Now that I am back and into my normal routine again I can start digging into the articles, videos and all that reaction stuff. I do know that seeing Lurie and the players with that trophy gets me choked up.

Zanshin

Anything is possible. If I told you after Chip Kelly was fired and blew up all the talent we had...that we'd hire Doug Pederson and bring back Nick Foles...and we'd beat the Patriots to win the Superbowl...with our best players on IR...within two seasons? You'd probably have had me committed. But that's reality.

Sgt PSN

That's probably the biggest, most impressive thing with all this. Nearly every team that wins the SB has to overcome a serious injury or 2 along the way.  But the injury bug feasted on this team in ways that I've rarely seen.

Sproles - the teams most dynamic playmaker and all purpose yards leader done for the year in like week 5 or something.

Peters - all world LT and playing at an extremely high level gone for the year before the halfway mark.

Hicks - starting MLB gone for the year halfway through the season.

Maragos - ST standout done for the year.

Sturgis - this team lost their kicker in week farging 1 and looks to have found a better one. 

Wentz - Probable league MVP done for the year with like 3 games left in the season.

This is farging insane. Even before you get to Wentz, those injuries probably cripple most teams and they don't even make the playoffs. This team was losing prominent players left and right from start to finish and just kept on rolling. 

Jesus farging Christ it's just too insane to believe.

Zanshin

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 07, 2018, 03:05:54 PM
Sturgis - this team lost their kicker in week farging 1 and looks to have found a better one.*

(*extra points not included)

Zanshin

But, seriously, that's what I'm saying. I know I'm obviously biased, but I can't remember a Superbowl with so many amazing storylines. Not only is it like fiction, it's like over-the-top, hackneyed fiction. But it's real, and that's so, so awesome.

Zanshin

It just feels so great to be on the right side of unbelievable shtein happening, finally.

hbionic

It's what makes the win so much more amazing and awesome for all Eagles fans. Sad to say, I don't know what I was more excited for...the birth of my daughter or this win...and I think I want to say this win, because she sang the fight song after every TD during the superbowl with me. I'm on video with her for the first one, so I'll always be able to take that with me to the grave. Of course, after the game she asked, "Daddy, are the Eagles going to the superbowl now?" LOL but she earned her wings learning that song on her own this season. That was special enough for me. Even sharing this win with all you internet, make-believe people that don't exist is awesome. This is ours! And it feels fantastic.

I really wish my semen was green so I could spray it everywhere, I'm so happy!
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Zanshin

Wait, your semen didn't turn green after the game? I thought that was a thing that just happened. shtein, I need to call a doctor.

QB Eagles

Quote from: hbionic on February 07, 2018, 03:56:31 PM
Of course, after the game she asked, "Daddy, are the Eagles going to the superbowl now?"

Sounds like she had as much trouble believing it was over as we all did.

Rome

I had a friend of mine who's religious, but not obnoxious about it, reference the team's Christianity.  He suggested that with that many good guys on the team, maybe the universe gave us one because of it.  I agree that it's mumbo jumbo, but then again, I'll take it regardless. 

They really do have a shtein ton of good dudes on the team starting with Goober Dougie. 

Diomedes

I don't know how to put it, but it's going to take some time to adjust my attitude to the fact that the Eagles are no longer losers.  It's been a fundamental truth to life as an Eagles fan and now it's not the case.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on February 07, 2018, 07:59:30 PM
I don't know how to put it, but it's going to take some time to adjust my attitude to the fact that the Eagles are no longer losers.  It's been a fundamental truth to life as an Eagles fan and now it's not the case.

Cheer up pal, there's always next year.