2017/2018 Phillies Off-Season Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, October 09, 2017, 10:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i only know what i read but of all the pieces i checked out he slots into being the phillies 8-10 best prospect....not bad for garbage like freddy
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah an all glove no bat SS yielding that return is not bad

I guess they'll package one of the OFs with Cesar for a SP?

I'd prefer not to deal Altherr, ODub or Williams. But if I had to pick one I'd prob deal Altherr

MDS

santana was signed to show everyone that they are serious about winning. they are likely going to package some combination of cesar, an outfielder and possibly more to get a starting pitcher along the lines of archer, cole or stroman. i hate cole, but would welcome the other 2.

it doesnt hurt that santana is dominican and so is manny.

but really they got a middle of the order bat who controls the strike zone. hes mostly going to play 1B but can survive in RF if need be. the phils evidently liked hoskins in LF enough. hes young enough where it's fine.

the money means nothing because they have so much of it to burn. the years are limited. they might have to eat the 3rd year, but so what. this is a culture establishing move. its like what they did in 03 by signing thome or what the nats did in 11 by signing werth. santana is only a 3 win player but hes been in the playoffs a lot, has won a lot and the move will show free agents next year (along with the bullpen moves and presumably the SP trade) that the phillies are serious.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on December 15, 2017, 09:10:08 PM
santana was signed to show everyone that they are serious about winning.

lol...they have won me over

32 year old trash for the WINNING!!

MDS

its not about you its about other players in baseball

manny machado looking up and down the roster seeing hoskins, williams, alfaro PASS. santana is a real player.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on December 15, 2017, 09:12:03 PM

manny machado looking up and down the roster seeing hoskins, williams, alfaro PASS. santana is a real player.

haha

not even kidding...even for you that made me laugh

SD

Please tell me you're either trolling or just really drunk

MDS

im not in love with santana but he is not a bad player.

his obp is the same against lefties and righties. he has much more power vs. LHP but hits for a better average against RHP. whatever that means.

i dont know what this means but he hasnt hit well at camden and yankee, 2 stadiums with similar dimensions to the bank. hes also played 150 games the last few years so im sure he will disintegrate now.

ice grillin you

if only all the other teams in mlb knew the secret to getting manny machado was signing carlos santana

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

Quote from: AO1 on December 15, 2017, 09:15:00 PM

nobody knows who the farg rhys hoskins is. he had 1 good month. nobody, let alone one of the 5 best players in baseball, is signing up to play with him. the rest of the phillies young guys are even more unproven and worthless.

santana helps give them some credibility. again hes a 3 win player, hes not going to make a difference in much of anything, but the move pushes them away from a tank look and toward a real one. perception matters.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on December 15, 2017, 09:22:25 PM
Quote from: AO1 on December 15, 2017, 09:15:00 PM

santana helps give them some credibility.

i vote for drunk

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 15, 2017, 09:20:22 PM
Get Chris Archer plz

ive had my eye on him for 4 years. didnt think it would work once he signed his extension and the phils rebuilt path was set, but its in the cards now. id give up seranthony and/or kilome easy. along with williams or altherr.

archer to me is a guy who will elevate his game in a big spot, big market, big crowd.

PhillyPhreak54

Agreed

He's one of my favorite pitchers to watch

MDS