Around the NFL - 2017

Started by Diomedes, February 10, 2017, 07:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

teams do it all the time its not a real rule

it just happens to be aaron rodgers this time

the nfl is a really dumb league

teams can put players who arent injured on IR but you cant put someone on it twice for an actual injury
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

if theres one number thats ever wrapped up the awfulness of the new nfl in a tight little bow its that alex smith threw for over 4000 yards this year

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 23, 2017, 04:19:17 PM
no

he was awful three years ago

he's worthless now

Bill Belichick says hi!
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

this is a jedi mind trick trolling of pittsburgh signing by bellicheck in case they meet in the afcc....cant imagine he gets a single snap in the playoffs

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

smeags

I can see it now, somehow Harrison gets in for one series because of injury, sacks rapistberger and strips the ball, then runs in for the winning TD.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyPhreak54

AFCCG and he will smoke Big Ben for a fumble bc everything NE touches is gold

MDS

the move means nothing...harrison is old and worthless. but its making yinzers mad so its worth it.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

just saw a crazy ass stat

the chiefs have not had a qb they drafted win a game for them in over 30 years

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 27, 2017, 02:10:41 PM
just saw a crazy ass stat

the chiefs have not had a qb they drafted win a game for them in over 30 years

I didn't realize it was that long, but I remember people talking about it when I was living out there, which was 10 years ago now.

QB Eagles

It was a big part of the Mahomes hype that swept KC during the preseason.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Diomedes on December 23, 2017, 03:58:30 PM
James Harrison cut.

Someone in the hunt with need for an edge rusher on obvious passing downs is gonna look hard at him.  KC? 

Sounds like he was cancering it up in the Steelers locker room. Bitter old bastich who couldn't handle not being the man anymore.

MDS

QuoteWatching Steelers football was once a family tradition, but Jim Colletti now spends his Sundays doing other things, like tossing the football with his son.

Watching Steelers football was once a family tradition, but Jim Colletti now spends his Sundays doing other things, like tossing the football with his son.

​I sat down to watch Week 3, Steelers vs. the Bears, and that was when the Steelers didn't come out for the national anthem. As soon as I saw that, I turned off my TV. I had been getting disenfranchised with the NFL for a few years, because every year you have guys getting suspended for drugs, for domestic abuse, and I'm like O.K., do I really want to support this organization? When the Steelers didn't come out for the anthem, even though they weren't protesting, they were still complicit in it. It was the tipping point for me. That's it. I don't need this anymore. The anthem is important and sacred to a lot of people and it is highly disrespectful for anyone to protest during the anthem. I think there are more respectful ways to get a message across.

When I was in college in 1994 I put myself on the Steelers season ticket waiting list and I finally got tickets in 2016. I went to the games last season, but I felt like it was a money grab. It's not cheap, it's like taking a mini vacation every time you go to the game, so I decided not to renew my season tickets for another year.

I'm kind of sad because my best memories as a kid were watching Steelers games with my dad. My mom always used to make a big Sunday dinner, and if dinner interfered with the Steelers game, we actually had a spot at our dinner table where we put this black and white TV. Almost literally, the Steelers were part of my family. Every spring when the Steelers schedule would come out, I'd load it into my phone calendar and I would make it a point to either go to the game or watch the game. I don't even know what the Steelers schedule is anymore because it is just not important to me.

I'm not out to ruin the NFL's business. I'm just one person who is choosing something else. I'm now watching more of the NHL, and spending Sundays with my kids. In our house the Steelers were 1A and the Penguins were 1B. Now, the Steelers have dropped way down and we are Pens fans in our house. Last year we went to a Stanley Cup finals game, and another game in the playoffs. The money that we used to spend on the NFL we are spending on the NHL.

I know it is not just me that feels this way. Every fall I go away to a hunting camp with a group of guys. In the past, we'd always find a bar in the nearest town and spend Sunday afternoon watching football. This year, nobody wanted to go into town to watch football. We just went hiking and nobody went in to watch football like we always had.

The only game I have watched since Week 2 was the Steelers-Bengals Week 13 Monday night football game. My son and I really didn't have anything else to do, so we turned it on. That game may have not been a good game to come back and watch because it was a really dirty game. Lots of unsportsmanlike conduct. Then you see the replays of the dirty hits and I'm just like, O.K., I wasted my time.

I'm not saying that I'll never watch the Steelers again, but they are a lower priority. I have no plans to watch any games the Steelers aren't involved in. If the Steelers are playing and I have something better to do, I won't be watching. I honestly found that life goes on without sitting in front of a TV on a Sunday afternoon in the fall.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/12/28/tv-ratings-cord-cutters-anthem-protests-redzone-streaming?utm_campaign=themmqb&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

QuoteI had been getting disenfranchised with the NFL for a few years, because every year you have guys getting suspended for drugs, for domestic abuse, and I'm like O.K., do I really want to support this organization?

This is literally where I stopped reading.