Random Philadelphia Sports Musings Thread

Started by ice grillin you, March 10, 2012, 07:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Eagles make the SB as the Sixers and Flyers creep back into playoff spots with 3-game streaks. shtein is fun right now.

ice grillin you

Rome

That's actually a fantastic photo.  And a little sad too.  Unfulfilled expectations and whatnot.

ice grillin you

they had an infield of jimmy grit and choke and a staff with some combination of halladay hamels and lee and won one ws

i mean the franchise is over 130 years old and those first three guys are the best at their respective positions in the history of the team and were all in their prime together

just shows how much luck timing and circumstance is involved in the baseball post season and they proved it by winning their one title with joe blanton brett myers and jamie moyer getting multiple post season starts

MDS

since the super bowl, philly teams:

sixers 3-0
flyers 3-0
temple 3-0
penn 2-1
joe 1-1
la salle 0-2
drexel 0-2
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

QuoteHeads up, Philly sports fans. A museum entirely dedicated to your hobby is coming to South Philadelphia.

What's more, The Museum of Sports will celebrate sports across the United States but will have a particular focus on the history of sport in Philadelphia, officials said in an announcement on Wednesday.

The endeavor will cover 25,000 square feet of space within the Jetro Building at Pattison Avenue and Darien Street, behind the sports complex where the city's four major professional teams play. The project could cost $8-10 million and is set to open in 2019, NBC10 reported.

The museum is spearheaded by a nonprofit led by former Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell and longtime Philadelphia sports executive Lou Scheinfeld, among others.

A website for the museum states that organizers plan to stock the museum with "world-class collections of priceless memorabilia, a high-tech array of digital and virtual reality activities for families and schools."

Among the museum's attractions will be a vast collection of sports memorabilia from collector Dr. Nicholas Depace, who plans to close his Depace Sports Museum in Collingswood and move his collection into the Jetro Building, according to NJ.com.

Depace is listed as a vice president for the new museum.

The museum is also set to include a theater, a sports-themed restaurant and shops for collectibles and memorabilia.

Rendell is heading fundraising efforts, which are about a quarter of the way toward the $8 million goal, CBS3 reported. Rendell hinted that he may seek a state grant to help foot the bill.

ice grillin you

i tend to lean toward kapler being a complete fraud but this makes my bathing suit area feel funny

Kapler spoke to his players Sunday night. He showed video highlights of the Phillies and Eagles championship parades, highlights from the 2008 World Series and highlights of his current players. At one point, Kapler said, some other people had something to say to them. Eagles players Carson Wentz, Zach Ertz and Vinny Curry, 76ers players Ben Simmons and J.J. Reddick, and Flyers center Claude Giroux appeared on the video screen to wish them well on the upcoming season.

QB Eagles

Kelce spoke to them in person too.

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 19, 2018, 09:37:40 PM
i tend to lean toward kapler being a complete fraud

I get the same vibe, he's basically a guy selling supplements in late night infomercials. But then again we both thought Pederson was an incompetent buffoon.

My default expectation for the Phillies is doom and gloom and that is usually borne out, but this season I don't have a feel for it, other than the obvious take that they don't have the personnel to be a playoff team. I hope he at least makes it fun. It's a fun time in Philly sports, let's keep the entertainment going through late summer.

MDS

the good thing about kaplar is if he is a fraud it wont really hurt them...its not like hes going to ruin rhys hoskins or sixto sanchez

you just fire him and hire a regular manager. experiment over.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

they will be a super interesting watch just because of all the youth but in baseball 99 out of 100 prospects fail and i expect that to happen for the phils this year

what im going to be watching most is their young pitchers who arent good enough to be starters but have the skill sets to be great relievers.....their bullpen could be epic in the next year or two

Rome

With that starting staff it'd better be. 

ice grillin you

14-0-2

sportscenter today actually has a whole segment wheree they showed sixer and flyer highlights back to back and then talk about what they have done since the birds win

wouldnt be suprised if its a block on a lot of their afternoon shows today....sports nation lebatard horn pti etc...