Philadelphia

Started by Diomedes, October 19, 2006, 12:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

We were walking toward the Reading Terminal Market and I saw at least a half dozen lots with cheaper parking.  I didn't give a shtein about the money but I did notice them. 

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Diomedes on August 29, 2018, 07:51:12 AM
Sending the Golden Girls to Philly for a concert at the Kimmel Center.  Need to book a hotel for them. 

Suggestions?  Ideally, they drive up from Baltimore, park their car at the hotel, and spend two days within walking distance of the Kimmel Center.

For convenience, if I was going to the Kimmel Center, I'd stay at the Doubletree. The rates are decent (even better if you sign up for the Hilton Honors program), the quality is good, and it's close to the Kimmel. It looks like it's within your price range, too (excluding parking).

Susquehanna Birder

And for what it's worth, Doubletree charges $30 for self parking and $44 for valet. I think the Marriott charges something like $56 a night.

ice grillin you

again hahnemann hospital lot is 10 bucks a night (it might even be 8 but i think its gone up)....no reason to park anywhere but there if you care about money...even if you dont wanna to make the short walk down to center city you could take a lyft and that plus the parking would be more than half the price less than a hotel garage/lot

it adds up over two or three nights....the money wifey would save basically would amount to the kids eating free that weekend
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

you could also street park for free like maybe a mile away from wherever your hotel is then just lyft in and that would be cheaper

or just wildly spend money and then wonder why jews run the banks
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Susquehanna Birder

IGY, you and I hoofing a couple of blocks to save some dough on parking is one thing. Dio sending his 65+ mother and her friends out on the streets at night is another.

"Here's a treat for you ladies! I hope you don't mind parking a mile away from the Kimmel Center to save me a few dollars."

Diomedes

I'll be gladly paying $50 per day for them to just park at the hotel. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on August 31, 2018, 12:27:26 PM
IGY, you and I hoofing a couple of blocks to save some dough on parking is one thing. Dio sending his 65+ mother and her friends out on the streets at night is another.

"Here's a treat for you ladies! I hope you don't mind parking a mile away from the Kimmel Center to save me a few dollars."

oh i thought it was his wife and kids

either way im sure she knows what a cab is

also if i knew dio was stackin chedder like that i never would have suggested it

Diomedes

Yeah I'm not but for my mom and aunt, I'll empty the bank account.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

i ate at both pat's and geno's over the weekend because i was staying a few blocks away.  and cuz i'm fat. been a few years since i've been to either.

pat's was greasy and delicious. geno's was dry and kinda gross.

the end.

MDS

theyre both garbage.

the end.

Rome

McFaddens is closing.   Serves them right for trying to charge a $50 cover to watch the SB.

ice grillin you

SD

It was created for the sole purpose of Philadelphia having something to root for during Superbowl week. They won their Superbowl, I doubt that's the reason it's going away, it always sells out...so I'm curious in why they came to this decision.