Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

Quote from: Diomedes on March 20, 2018, 02:04:10 PM
How can you ruin something that sucked already?  When were the Doobie Brothers good?

you shut your whore mouth.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Geowhizzer

Apparently Fleetwood Mac fired Lindsey Buckingham.  Mike Campbell (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers) and Neil Finn (Crowded House) are replacing him for the upcoming tour.

(Hey... if the Doobie Brothers are in this thread...)

SD

mmrbq was Saturday. Always hang out in the VIP area, free beer and food and whatnot. The local celebs are there. Line up was a bunch of bands, STP, Ghost, and Alice in Chains were the headliners. First time ever got a hook up to go back stage. I thought the bands would be hanging out in a room drinking beers like Alice Cooper in Wayne's World. But it was commotion. STP was getting ready to go on, no idea who Ghost is but there was a group in an area that looked like rock stars so I'm assuming it was them. Went to the area where AIC was, William Duvall was chatting with a few people, Jerry Cantrell popped out for about 30 seconds. Bunch of people were messing with wires, lighting, moving shtein around. Needless to say being back stage isn't all it's cracked up to be.

STP was better with the new guy than they were with Chester Bennington (not a high bar to hurdle) but still fell way short of when Scott Weiland was alive. Been an Alice in Chains fan since high school. Layne Staley was the man but they couldn't have picked a better front man than William Duvall. 7th time seeing them, they were unreal, one of the top 5 live bands I've ever seen.

Rome

Alice In Chains is way better live with Duvall than they ever were with Layne Staley.   Getting an actual show out of them now is refreshing compared to back in the day with junky boy. 

Rome

Echo & The Bunnymen and Violent Femmes tonite.  I was there to see the Bunnymen.  5 stars A+.

Violent Femmes is Bare Naked Ladies without maple syrup.  C+

ice grillin you

whitest post ever?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

He wasn't at Coachella.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Saw the Foo Fighters a few weeks ago, the Struts opened for them. They were incredible but I liked their show with Grohl in the Dave of Thrones chair better.

Go whitey

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 22, 2018, 01:16:51 AM
whitest post ever?

Did I say I saw Tesla?  No.  I don't think I did. 

Geowhizzer

Rome

Went with the lady to see Phil Collins tonight in Fort Lauderdale.  He was fantastic.   The arena is the worst place I've ever been in my life in terms of setup, acoustics, etc and the people who work there are absolute iceholes. 

It's like every old retired Kenzo douchebag moved south and got a part time gig there. 

Show: A+.  His voice was great and his band is probably the tightest in the biz.   Poor guy is a broken down old mofo, though.  Literally stood up for only 1 song.

Diomedes

Did the whole crowd clap in time to a two four beat song?  I love it when they do that.  If they're also singing along while filming on their phones, that's the best.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

No but they did do the air drum thing during In The Air Tonight. 

Collins' 17 yr-old kid was his drummer.  Holy shtein he was great. 

Rome

Matt saw NIN the other night.  I'm not sure if he's aware of that or just forgot he saw them. 

Either way...massive FAIL on the CF review. 

smeags

or he/they sucked so bad it wasn't worth the keystrokes ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it