Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

A friend of mine had an extra ticket to see Michael McDonald last night.  Probably the whitest and oldest group of people I've ever seen but he was actually really good.  His voice was great and the band he has is tight as farg. 

Tomahawk

Posting that in the Rock shows thread is 100000000000% inappropriate. Start an elevator music thread to talk about this fouche, and people like Jack Johnson, Jason Mraz, and Damien Rice

SD

Quote from: Rome on February 17, 2018, 10:10:46 AM
A friend of mine had an extra ticket to see Michael McDonald last night.  Probably the whitest and oldest group of people I've ever seen but he was actually really good.  His voice was great and the band he has is tight as farg.

I keep forgetting what songs he sings.

Rome

You all enjoy the sweet freedom to go farg yourselves with rusty beer cans. 

PS: Jack Johnson is great live.  🖕🏻

Munson

Quote from: AO1 on February 17, 2018, 10:40:18 AM

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

biz markie is dj'ing at my local brewery in april....whos down?

me matty and some other idiots will be toasting the birds
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Zanshin

Saw Steve Winwood last night...that guy has an AMAZING history. It was the greatest hits live tour and his stuff just goes back forever. The guy sounds great, and while I primarily think of him playing the Hammond, he's a pretty incredible guitar player. More than that, he's a super nice guy. His manager reached out and asked us to bring my son back to talk to him after the show. He spent a good amount of time with the kid talking about all kinds of music stuff. Really incredibly generous.

My dad loved this guy. Actually, Steve Winwood and Steve Miller were two of his favorite artists of all time. It's a shame that he passed away before he could see things like this. He'd be over the moon with Jake being brought back to hang out with Winwood, and the kid is supposed to play a gig with Steve Miller soon. I think my dad would have shtein himself. Then again, he'd be pretty old by now, so he might have just shtein himself anyway.

https://www.facebook.com/JakeThistleMusic/posts/2027057757581837

Rome

Arc Of A Diver is a great song and album.   

Zanshin

Quote from: Rome on March 09, 2018, 02:49:25 PM
Arc Of A Diver is a great song and album.   

It was-- he focused mainly on his 60's-70's stuff, but threw in Roll With It and a couple of others. The band was fantastic. The proficiency with which they played multiple instruments was astounding. One guy played sax with one hand, while he played keyboard with the other.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

I wore that cassette out when I was a kid.  And Nebraska was a metaphor for the desolation of the Jersey Shore in the early 80's, especially during winter.   shtein was bad during the Reagan catastrophe in shore towns like the one I grew up in. 

Diomedes

State Trooper is such a great song.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

smeags

Quote from: AO1 on February 17, 2018, 10:40:18 AM

he doesn't sing, he ruins songs like he ruined the doobie brothers.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Diomedes

How can you ruin something that sucked already?  When were the Doobie Brothers good?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Zanshin

Quote from: Diomedes on March 20, 2018, 02:04:10 PM
How can you ruin something that sucked already?  When were the Doobie Brothers good?

That time they were in What's Happening!...then goddamn Rerun had to farg it all up with his giant cassette recorder. I mean, what the farg, Rerun? As soon as that shtein hit the floor, I knew that Dee was tellin' mama. Ruined a fine set...gah.