farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

get kap and when the dallas game is well in hand, put him in to throw a touchdown and then wave to jerrah up in the box.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

General_Failure

Chris Long's reaction when they win the SB with Kaep.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Zanshin

I can't tell if people are serious about the "get Kap" stuff. I can't think of a legitimate football reason why anyone would want him. He's long removed from playing at this point, didn't look great or consistent when he played most recently (in addition to being a frail-looking shadow of his former self), has no experience with the O, coaches or players, and would obviously be yet another distraction at a time when the team can least afford it. That would be grasping at some serious straws. The Romo thing doesn't make sense, but the Kap thing makes less, at least in this situation at this point in the season.

smeags

why do you hate big fros so much ?

Eagaholic

Nose. He said he hates a big nose so much. You misunderstood.

Zanshin

I don't hate anything...other than possibly ideas that would be horrible for the team at this point. And even then, let's just be honest, I'm dead enough inside to shake it off pretty quickly.

Diomedes

Quote from: Zanshin on December 13, 2017, 10:36:58 AM
I can't tell if people are serious about the "get Kap" stuff. I can't think of a legitimate football reason ...

I'm serious.  He would be a fantastic back up to Foles in case he gets hurt this week.  Plug Kap in, let him run and gun.  And Lurie is liberal.  Windmills.  If Kap gets hurt in the NFCCC, then get Romo for the Super Bowl.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

I'd have no problem at all with signing Kap as a backup. Would have even less problem of signing him and letting Foles start for a few weeks and then throwing Kap out there week 17 to see how he does. 

But mostly I just want to see Philly and South Jerz trumpers have meltdowns. This team is dead in the water, so I need something else to entertain me and that would be as entertaining as anything.

Zanshin

It would be the ultimate "farg it" move, because it makes no legitimate sense. I'm not entirely convinced they're dead yet. I'm not excited, but weirder things have happened than Foles (who has played well before) not being awful...provided they can protect him, of course, which is the bigger if. But it's not Madden...you don't just pick up QBs, plug them in and feel good about winning games.

General_Failure

I wish Wentz would have gotten this injury out of the way earlier so they could have gotten Cutler.

The man. The myth. The legend.

smeags

the obvious answer is vick.

Eagles_Legendz

I will say (and then *duck*) that I would have actually put a call in to Romo.   It's certainly possible he's not in physical shape/doesn't have the capacity to play, and I doubt he'd be interested anyway, but the goal this year is to win a SB.  I don't know that they could do that with the best possible version of Foles.  It seems more likely with Romo to me, even if the odds are still extremely marginal.  The biggest problem would be the timeframe to actually learn the offense - I wouldnt want his first game being the playoffs, but I don't think he'd have time to learn it quickly enough to start before then.

^^ it's all irrelevant anyway because there's no chance it would happen, but I would have considered it.

hbionic

How is Romo a consideration over Kap?

Kap won just as many or more playoff games than Romo. He'd be in better position to absorb a hit from a gust of wind before folding. They'd both have the same experience.

There's no bigger loser (on the field) than Romo. That's why I wanted him to be the Cowboys QB forever.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

QB Eagles

Honestly I don't see how either of them is a consideration. If Foles goes down, they are 100% farged instead of 95% farged, it's that simple.

Kap would have made sense if a guy went down early in the season -- I thought the Packers should have signed him. But his style is so different from Foles (or from Wentz for that matter) that the team would have to craft a whole new offense around what he can do. Teams have been moving toward having backups that are similar for precisely that reason, which is part of what has been hurting Kap.

Romo's done. I've seen no indications that he even wants to play again. I think he relishes being the old retired footballer now. Might as well talk about bringing in Brett Favre.

QB Eagles

Stranger things have happened but I'd put below 10% odds on any of these teasers hitting.

QuoteThe Dallas Cowboys can reach the postseason if one of the following scenarios plays out:

1. Win last 2 games + ATL loses last 2 games + DET loses 1 of last 2 games

2. Win last 2 games + CAR loses last 2 games + DET loses 1 of last 2 games

3. Win last 2 games + NO loses last 2 games + DET loses 1 of last 2 games

4. Win last 2 games + CAR loses last 2 games + NO loses last 2 games