Quote from: BigEd76 on July 26, 2005, 10:17:01 AM
There's 4 things in Ireland:

beer
whatever
whatever
whatever

Good enough for me!

Wingspan

a little off topic on this thread. a woman i work with keeps saying how much she would love to go to europe, but it's too expensive...vlah blah blah...but at the same time, spends $2000 to rent a house in ocean city NJ for a week every summer....i want to smack he so bad and just show her that 2 people can go to europe for a week for LESS than that if you pick the right time of year.

shoobie dumbasses
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Philly_Crew

#1 place was Rome, Italy.  I really liked the history, food and gorgeous women.  I liked the rest of Italy, but Rome was definitely my favorite.

England/Wales/Scotland - I preferred London and Wales was the most picturesque.  I was disappointed in Scotland.
Spain & Portugal - The wine is terrific and Portugal has great music (is it called Fava?).
Sweden/Denmark/Norway - My least favorite trips.  The people were great but is really expensive, food is average, and not many sites.  We went for two weeks and it rained often.
Mexico - Don't bother.
Hawaii - beautiful and some of the best beaches.
El Salvador - went on a military humanitarian mission.  There are hired guards with shotguns at the gas stations and shops.  I kid you not.

I hope to go to China, Ireland, Germany and Switzerland.

Father Demon

I have to disagree with whoever said okinawa was a dirthole.  I was there for four years, and it's a great place.  Once you get away from the bases (Kinville and BC Street are fun, but there's much more to do than hang oiut there), it's beautiful.  I've always described it as just like hawaii, but smaller, less crowded, and friendlier.  Scuba diving and snorkeling are fantastic there, and we also took a Cesna up to some of the smaller islands up north to visit.  It's amazing when you are in the water -- I think you can see for about a mile. 

I've also been to the Phillipines four times (each visit was longer than the last, and I "met" more women each time I went).  The liquor is dirt cheap, and so are your "dates".  $1.50 for an hour, or $7 for the whole night when I was there!!  Also, that place has beautifuy countryside, great camping and diving, and more little islands than you can count.

I was in S. Korea once, but where I was sucked ass.  Kwang-ju.  In the middle of no-where, and the people hated you.  It was my first experience of walking in a downtown area that had tanks and armed guards glaring at you with their M-16s just daring you to make a wrong move.  It was a little un-nerving.

Hawaii is my favorite place in the world.  Not Oahu (the concrete jungle that Waikiki is these days), but Maui, the Big Island, and Kauii rule.  Kuaii has a Grand Canyon that is unbelieveable to see.  How can such a little island have such a huge canyon??  When I hit Powerball, that's where you'll find me.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Phanatic

I also have to disagree about Okinawa being a dirt hole, but then we got to stay on Kadena airforce base. Nothing better then Orion beer at the Cannon club after hours. Spent my 21st birthday there.

Worst place I have ever been was Kunsan (spelling) South Korea. Water would go out all the time, and they ranked the bars by STD. I think it was ranked the worst airforce base at one time.

This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

mussa

Ive only been outside the united states a few times and didn't go too far.

Canada I go to every year.  I got on a fishing, hiking trip.  Its in Ontario.  Its beautiful, totally secluded and very natural.  Not too far away is Kingston, Ont.  Kingston is one of the cleanest cities Ive ever been too.  Has a ton of bars, alot of hot college students, cool shops and sits right on Lake Ontario.  If your into history, theres alot of history there too.

The Bahamas I went to when my cousin got married there.  We went to a tiny island called Great Harbor Cay.  It was 4 miles long, not even 1 mile wide.  I think the popultaion was 500.  Most of the time was spent drinking, rum runners and kalic (i think) was the beer and eating.  We went on a boat ride to two different smaller islands.  Went cliff diving at a big hole in the middle of the one island.  It was an underwater cave that went from the ocean, under the island and came out at the middle of the island.  i dove and the water was so clear that i couldn't judge when i was going to hit the water, it hit before i expected.   anyway i came to the surface and underneath where u jumped there was a table with a bartender making rum runners.  so i got drunk and went cliff diving for 2 hrs.  not bad.  id highly recommend the bahamas. 

i drove west from lancaster to phoenix the summer after i graduated from high school.  if u ever have time to drive on vacation, do it.  its the best way to travel IMO.  You get to experience alot more than if u flew or took a train.  out of all the places we went through or stayed at, Sedona, AZ was the most beautiful.  Well I guess the entire Flagstaff, Oak Creek Canyon and Sedona region was awesome! I want to retire there someday.  Northern AZ is very temperate, unlike Phoenix.  Colorado and New Mexico I would also recommend.  Favorite PA spot is Potter County.  They call it Gods Country. 

Places I want to go before I die: Australia, Ireland, Japan, Spain, Germany, Brazil, Hawaii, Alaska, Sweden, New Zealand any tropical island region and Africa.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: DemonchildrenOnTurf on July 26, 2005, 11:28:09 AM
I have to disagree with whoever said okinawa was a dirthole.  I was there for four years, and it's a great place.  Once you get away from the bases (Kinville and BC Street are fun, but there's much more to do than hang oiut there), it's beautiful.  I've always described it as just like hawaii, but smaller, less crowded, and friendlier.  Scuba diving and snorkeling are fantastic there, and we also took a Cesna up to some of the smaller islands up north to visit.  It's amazing when you are in the water -- I think you can see for about a mile. 

I've also been to the Phillipines four times (each visit was longer than the last, and I "met" more women each time I went).  The liquor is dirt cheap, and so are your "dates".  $1.50 for an hour, or $7 for the whole night when I was there!!  Also, that place has beautifuy countryside, great camping and diving, and more little islands than you can count.

I was in S. Korea once, but where I was sucked ass.  Kwang-ju.  In the middle of no-where, and the people hated you.  It was my first experience of walking in a downtown area that had tanks and armed guards glaring at you with their M-16s just daring you to make a wrong move.  It was a little un-nerving.

Hawaii is my favorite place in the world.  Not Oahu (the concrete jungle that Waikiki is these days), but Maui, the Big Island, and Kauii rule.  Kuaii has a Grand Canyon that is unbelieveable to see.  How can such a little island have such a huge canyon??  When I hit Powerball, that's where you'll find me.

Quote from: Phanatic on July 26, 2005, 06:38:50 PM
I also have to disagree about Okinawa being a dirt hole, but then we got to stay on Kadena airforce base. Nothing better then Orion beer at the Cannon club after hours. Spent my 21st birthday there.

Worst place I have ever been was Kunsan (spelling) South Korea. Water would go out all the time, and they ranked the bars by STD. I think it was ranked the worst airforce base at one time.

I shouldn't of said all of Okinawa was a dirthole.....but a large part is. The beaches are beautiful, scuba is good. I should have stated I was comparing it to the time I spent on the mainland. I was in Iwakuni, about 45 minutes south of Hiroshima. That was some of the most beautiful country I've seen. Korea was a serious dissapointment. I got there in the Port of Pusan (no joke), and went all the way up Yechon Air Force base (about 30 miles from the 38th paralel  :paranoid ) That country sucked. Nothing to do, and nothing to see. Anywhere else in asia I would give it  :yay  :yay And the girls in the Phillipines are the shtein, but THailand and Singapore beat em out in my book. And if you go, don't mess with the "working" types. You can find plenty of normal, everyday women that luv dem sum American.  ;)
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

MURP

Quote from: hbionic on July 25, 2005, 10:09:16 PM
she's shared some cool ass shtein with me.

like "her" wang. 

hbionic

Going to Frisco this weekend (insert gay jokes here).

It's been a while since I've been there....going to check out Alcatraz, the wharf, Muir Woods...presidio park, the golden gate and twin peaks...anyone got any other suggestions while out in SF?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

rjs246

Watch out fer yer cornhole
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

Figures the first place bionic wants to go visit is a prison.  Is that like a pilgrimage for you or something?  I bet your mud nickel quivers just at the sound........ALCATRAZ!

Go check out Chinatown.  SF probably has the coolest Chinatown out of any city I've visted.  I don't know what makes it cooler, it just is.  Also, if you've never been to PacBell park, I highly recommend taking in a Giants game while you're there (if they're playing of course).  The stadium is awesome and you can pretty much walk around the entire thing without gettting hassled by security.  You can also stand field level in right field and see inside the park through the chain link fences they have out there.  It's a really cool view. 

JTrotter Fan

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 26, 2005, 09:02:47 AM
Bahamas and Jamaica as a kid (yes, Jamaica is a complete dump).

Mexico a few times in HS and college (Acapulco)

Aruba twice as an adult.

Boring, I know. Next real vacation (way down the road) is Ireland.

123 of 124 students agree..right? 
When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

PhillyPhanInDC

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

rjs246

That's true, quoting a popular movie in a psuedo witty fashion is your territory. A thousand apologies.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

Two people quoting the same movie in one day? Incontheivable!

The man. The myth. The legend.