2017/2018 Phillies Off-Season Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, October 09, 2017, 10:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Thome going to Cooperstown.   Dragging behind him are Larrrrrrrrry, Hoffman and Vlad Guerrero. 

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

bowden

Quote12. Scott Kingery, 2B, Philadelphia Phillies, Age: 23, HT: 5-10, WT: 180, B: R, T: R

Scouting Grades: ARM: 50, FLD: 60, HIT: 55, PWR: 55, RUN: 65

He reminds me a lot of a young Jose Altuve. His swing is short, compact and quick to the ball with surprising power because of his tremendous balance and backspin he gets when he puts the ball in the air. He has the potential of joining the 30 home run, 30 stolen base club, in time. He is presently blocked by another quality second baseman, Cesar Hernandez, at the major league level. However, Kingery's game can be so explosive that it won't surprise me if he wins a job in spring training or forces the Phillies to trade another infielder to make room for him by June. In fact, I'll go as far to say I'd rather have him over any of the Phillies infielders long-term, that's how much I love this player.

29. Sixto Sanchez, RHP, Philadelphia Phillies, Age: 19, HT: 6-0, WT: 185, B: R, T: R

Scouting Grades: FB: 75, CB: 55, CH: 55, CTL: 60, CMND: 55

Talk about arm speed out front and an electric arm—that's Sanchez. That special arm results in a 98 mph fastball that has the life and command to match it. He also flashes an above-average curveball and changeup. For his six-foot frame, he gets an above-average downward plane on his pitches. There is no limit to his potential and he's one of those teenagers who could pitch himself to the major leagues years before the Phillies are expecting him.

32. J. P. Crawford, SS, Philadelphia Phillies, Age: 23, HT: 6-2, WT: 185, B: L, T: R

Scouting Grades: ARM: 60, FLD: 60, HIT: 50, PWR: 45, RUN: 50

Crawford is a special defensive player with above-average range, hands and throwing arm. He's a line-drive hitter who uses the whole field and it looks like his power is starting to come. Crawford gives professional at-bats and knows how to work a count and draw walks. He's an average runner at best, but his instincts more than make up for it. How much he hits will determine if he'll be able to develop into an All-Star-caliber player.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

powder blues are gonna be back for some thursdays this season....im guessing all the business man specials
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Alarm clocks out, massages in. 

Phillies Phever... catch it!

Rome

These funholes are literally dead last in payroll in 2018 even behind Oakland.  I say we just ignore them altogether.  No threads or posts about them at all. 

MDS

please explain to me who they shouldve signed

SD

Quote from: MDS on February 18, 2018, 08:58:24 PM
please explain to me who they shouldve signed

They could have traded for Stanton and had their center piece. Spare me the contract length bullshtein they're a big market team with no payroll. He's 28 and in his prime. Vorp salary war whatever. They're willing to give Santana $20 million per year for 3 years at the age of 31 but are afraid of Stanton's deal which is only $5 million more per year.

Can't wait to see Machado sign elsewhere

MDS

1) stanton had a no trade clause. he wanted to go to the yankees or out west. highly unlikely he wouldve accepted a trade to another rebuilding situation regardless of the offer for which he could care less.
2) its not about the money now its about the money in 8 years. you have all the money in the world now to spend (hence the neshak, hunter and santana deals). where stanton hurts you is years down the line when you project to have many good players that will be quite expensive. last thing you want in that mix is a 35 year old slugger making 35 million.
the yankees will have this problem. judge and sanchez and severino and betances are cheap now but in 5 years they wont be. stanton can DH, which helps. and the yankees can generate more revenue than anyone so theres that.

the yankees really want machado. even if the phils come over the top it might not be enough. theres always bryce.

PhillyPhreak54

o/u wins is 74.5 last I looked

Whatcha got?

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 18, 2018, 10:16:12 PM
o/u wins is 74.5 last I looked

Whatcha got?

I think they're mildly surprising.

Rome

I'm sure when the Phillies lose 100 games this year free agents will be tripping over themselves to sign with them.  If they had spent money now they might have had a shot to land elite talent.  As it is they're a farging limp dick, inept, borderline criminal enterprise who is stealing money from fans, advertisers, and corporate, television and radio partners. 

MDS

Rome

I see desperation is setting in and Bora$ is using the Phils as his Arrieta cum sock. 

Nice.

The truly hilarious thing would be if they offer him $20-$25M a year for three years plus an option after all their idiotic penny pinching antics.