2017 College Football

Started by ice grillin you, May 25, 2017, 02:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

bob stoops retiring from ou

says he wants to go "live life." i say he stuck his dick where it wasnt supposed to go, because nobody retires at 56 2 months before the season starts.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Yep - there is something weird about this.

NCAA scandal? Sex scandal?

I say he takes a year off and then ends up in the NFL.

MDS

lol so he quit oklahoma to be the qb coach for the dolphins...hes not waltzing in and getting an oc or hc job

ice grillin you

stoops is a defensive coach....and i dont see any reason why he couldnt get an nfl coordinator job next year

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah lil guys comment makes no sense

But then again things like that aren't available on a spreadsheet

MDS

i always thought he was an offensive guy...but whatever....i doubt bob stoops can just skip on over to the nfl as a dc

and if he wanted to go the nfl he couldve. why just up and quit now? telling you he farged the assistant trainer or something.

ice grillin you

look at a list of the 32 DC's in the nfl and tell me stoops couldnt get hired....i think the year off would slightly hurt his chances and im not saying 100% he would get a job next year as a DC but i think theres a better chance he could than that he couldnt

MDS

he has zero nfl experience...that doesnt hurt you if your all time genius chip kelly but bob stoops doesnt have his reputation

is there a case of a guy with no nfl experience becoming a dc in the nfl after a long run in college? i dont even remember his name being leaked for the nfl, ever.

ice grillin you

is there a case of a college coach with his resume trying to become a DC?

it hasnt happened because if you are a college with that kind of resume you dont really entertain the nfl and certainly not anything but an HC job....jimbo fisher could get a nfl job and hes never been in the pros....nick saban did it before he went to bama...joe paterno could have easily done it

the reason it doesnt happen is mostly because the colleges coaches dont wanna do it not because the nfl wouldnt hire them....stoops as a DC?.....someone would almost certainly hire him

MDS

after the chip disaster and even after saban (who did have some nfl experience) failed, im not sure any nfl owner is jumping up and down about hiring a college coach who's never sniffed the league

QB Eagles

I'd be interested if my HC was a high school coach whose only NFL coaching experience was a figurehead offensive coordinator job for a mediocre offense.

ice grillin you

well theres a difference between no chance and no one jumping up and down for him....also i dont think hed get a HC job for several reasons but i think he could definitely get a DC position if he wanted to go for one...which i dont think he does or will want

hell juan castillo went from lifetime OL coach to defensive coordinator

ice grillin you

saturday - august 26

230 - oregon st at colorado st - cbss
300 - portland st at byu - espn
630 - chattanooga v. jacksonville st - espn
700 - colgate at cal poly - espnu
730 - south florida at san jose st - cbss
1000 - stanford v. rice - espn