Doug Pederson, Philadelphia Eagles Legend

Started by MDS, January 14, 2016, 05:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

I thought it was a clueless hire. The guy had no resume, no real playcalling history, came from an unimpressive offense, and wasn't able to describe anything articulately. He made a large number of bozo mistakes in Year 1, including some game-costers. Honestly he seemed like a nice friendly interim coach to bring in to cleanse of the palette after the sourness of the Chip experience... basically a holdover before going out and finding the next real coach after a couple years.

I underestimated his drive and ability to get better. I think he is obsessed with the details of football in the way that all the best coaches are. He approaches challenges with an open mind. We got to see behind the scenes a lot more this past season, and Doug got better at explaining his thinking too. He understands what he's doing and how to get the most out of his players.

Now he's earned the benefit of the doubt, and I won't seriously criticize him for a long while, even if he reverts to sucking balls. He brought home the friggin trophy.

Tomahawk

Quote from: Rome on March 28, 2018, 12:20:41 PM
Quote from: Tomahawk on March 27, 2018, 09:55:12 PM
Quote from: General_Failure on March 27, 2018, 07:48:49 PM
He's the firtst coach they've had since Vermeil that's capable of learning from his mistakes.

As much as I hated Pederson, wanting him fired after three games into his tenure, this is what endeared me to him the most. It''ts also a major factor as to why the Eagles didn't miss a beat when hall of famers like Peters and Wentz were lost for the season.

Weren't they 3-0 after his first three games?

Lol.

They were far and away the worst three wins in franchise history

ice grillin you

lol this was doug on his end of 1H run (fyi there was 11 seconds left when the ball was snapped)

"Get the first down, burn the timeout, and then have maybe eight seconds left to start taking shots into the end zone".
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

General_Failure

I hope they notified the nearby ice cream stands.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

thankfully feathered hair is not an underlying condition
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

MDS

this is why this cant work...im sure theyre taking precaution in the building but then doug goes home and hes got 4 teenagers who are probably not remotely taking this seriously. hes not the only coach with idiot kids. then factor in all the block headed players going to the titty bar and yea im sure there wont be any outbreaks
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

I hope it was at least a Zoom meeting where he told the team.

Quote from: MDS on August 02, 2020, 08:51:02 PM
hes not the only coach with idiot kids.

My god, Andy was playing the long game all along!

General_Failure

On the plus side, we finally get Interim Head Coach Duce Staley.

Don Ho

GF!  You always put a smile on my face, good shtein my friend.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Mort and McManus saying Doug isn't a lock to return. Lurie apparently has concerns beyond fixing Wentz.

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

A little surprising but hell if Lurie is going to whack him get it done in time to hire Bienemy

General_Failure

https://twitter.com/JFMcMullen/status/1348309962305495044

Sure, farg it. Trade Doug. Howie's bound to get one right if you give him enough draft picks.