The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

Quote from: MDS on January 10, 2018, 10:58:49 AM
the worst update girl in the city is that tool eytan shander on 975

yeah but she has mad skillz on da mic
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

QuoteThe NFC matchup between Philadelphia and Minnesota has some very good things going for it viewership-wise including market size (Philadelphia is No. 4 and Minneapolis-St. Paul is No. 10), a pair of historic NFL franchises that have not appeared in a Super Bowl since 2005 (Eagles) and 1977 (Vikings) and the magic dust from Minnesota's amazing win over New Orleans. The kickoff time (6:40 p.m.) also works out well for the NFL given the Eagles-Vikings matchup (on paper) looks to be the higher viewership play—you would always want that in the late window. What the game does not have is household names at quarterbacks. The NFL has long marketed its sport through quarterback matchups (Bradshaw vs. Staubach; Manning vs. Brady, etc.) and Nick Foles vs. Case Keenum—no matter how great Keenum has been this year—is a hard sell for casual fans who watch the postseason only. There could be some tune-in for those viewers curious about watching a team (Minnesota) advance to the first Super Bowl in a home city (Minneapolis), especially after the final play of Vikings-Saints.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

who wrote that? a 9th grader?

its a horrible matchup. nobody outside of minny/philly care about these teams. no superstar qbs. numbers will be down no matter what.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Whole season was a QB nightmare for the NFL.

Rodgers and Luck IR.
New stars emerge (Wentz, Watson), get season ending injuries.
Garoppollo looks like another emerging star but didn't emerge until it was too late to make the playoffs.
Last year's emerging stars (Prescott, Carr) fell off big time.
Newton, Rivers, and Ryan often showed competence, but nothing special.
Wilson was incredible but was the only good player left standing on his team, so they missed the playoffs.

Only viable playoff QB matchup that would have moved the needle was Brady/Roethlisburger or maybe an intra-NFC South championship game. Oops.

We seem headed for a Patriots curbstomp or NBC's even bigger fear of a defensive showdown featuring Blake Bortles versus a game-managing backup QB.

smeags

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

wow i've never seen the steven a - kellerman show before, but saw a few minutes today and the girl that moderates is crazy hot.

QB Eagles

For years I found Molly Qerim to be the most interesting thing on the NFL Network.

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on January 31, 2018, 10:40:02 AM
wow i've never seen the steven a - kellerman show before, but saw a few minutes today and the girl that moderates is crazy hot.

shes been bangin jalen rose for a while now

they will be moving in together in nyc when jalen moves there to join beadle on greenies new radio show

shes actually from near where espn hq are and is a huge giant fan

smeags

man, you really researched that.

ice grillin you

i watch first take at least three times a week

knowledge is king

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 31, 2018, 11:41:16 AM
i watch first take at least three times a week

knowledge is king

does not compute

SD

Foxnews and NFL agree on 5 year deal to air Thursday Night Football.

QB Eagles