2018 Flyers: They'll Still Suck

Started by Geowhizzer, July 01, 2018, 12:19:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Hart just made one of the most amazing saves in hockey history  :bow

Geowhizzer

Quote from: AO1 on February 04, 2019, 09:35:27 PM
Hart just made one of the most amazing saves in hockey history  :bow

That kid has been stellar.  Even makes this shtein team look decent.

Rome

I rewound it several times.  I mean there's some luck involved but good god that really was great. 

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Flyers trade Dale Weisse, Christian Folin to Canadians for David Schlemko and Byron Froese.

Trash for trash.  Schlemko and Froese are on minor league deals.

Philippe Myers brought up from Lehigh Valley.

Geowhizzer

Worst blown call I've seen in a while robs the Flyers of a sure goal.

Not that the Penguins wouldn't kick their ass anyway, but how can the ref blow that puck dead on that?

MDS

nothing more flyers than last night

get dominated at home in a must win against a hated rival but one call goes against them so their stepford fans can wallow in their victimization complex
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on February 12, 2019, 09:08:14 AM
get dominated at home

flyers actually dominated the game and it wasnt close....two terrible goals by hart but mostly an inability to finish doomed them
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 12, 2019, 09:58:16 AM
get dominated at home

flyers actually dominated the game and it wasnt close....two terrible goals by hart but mostly an inability to finish doomed them

The amount of open shots they had that they couldn't even get on net was excruciating.

Geowhizzer

nothing more flyers than last night

get dominated at home in a must win against a hated rival but one call goes against them so their stepford fans can wallow in their victimization complex

No difference in the ultimate outcome, but that was a horrendous call by the ref.  As bad (if in a much less important situation) as the blown pass interference call against the Saints in the playoff.  A professional ref shouldn't make such an obvious error.

In the end it's the Flyers, and they'll get killed by all decent teams.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 12, 2019, 09:58:16 AM
get dominated at home

rick tocchet #1 fan coming in with the semantics arguement

ice grillin you

you definitely don't know what semantic means

you know what it isn't....saying the exact opposite of what really happened

MDS

i didnt even know the flyers were playing today

SD

Goalie swap Stolarz for Cam Talbot. Talbot is Hart's mentor

ice grillin you

only good part of the trade is that they are going to set the all time nhl record for number of starting goalies in a season