The Coaching Search Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 31, 2012, 07:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Quote from: SunMo on January 16, 2013, 12:58:38 PM
doubtful

Okay, two plays in preseason and then carted out with the hope of walking again some day.

The man. The myth. The legend.

phillycrew

Well at least this Gus Bradley thing now makes sense.  Remember Belicheck screwed over the Jets before he left for the Pats too.  I am hopeful that he can turn things around.  I really hope Vick is gone and Howie falls down a manhole.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 16, 2013, 12:59:08 PM
Quote from: JackStraw on January 16, 2013, 12:53:24 PM
This seems another version of straw-grasping wide-9, fastballs, dont care about linebackers, we know better than teams who actually win in this league bullshtein.

i will actually give them the benefit of the doubt here....its not like they were the only team in the league interested in chip kelly or howie hired the oklahoma state QB's coach...chip kelly was the hottest commodity going just a few weeks ago

and a few weeks ago i would given the hiring a C+ with an A for hope

now its an F and i can see him coaching oklahoma state in a few years

If I didn't have the pleasure of meeting you in person, I'd swear you were just a faux Internet persona.

This statement is laughable on so many levels. Are there people who actually take you seriously?

MDS

talked myself into it, why the hell not

either hes a godsend and things work out or he sucks, leaves in 1 or 2 years and they bottom out and get a top 3 pick and possibly get a franchise qb.

im feeling this overall is a win/win.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhanInDC

Kurt Coleman ‏@k4coleman
Welcome Chip Kelly to the Eagles family. Can't wait to see what he brings to the team in 2013!

Hopefully not you, shteinbag.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhanInDC on January 16, 2013, 01:57:31 PM
Kurt Coleman ‏@k4coleman
Welcome Chip Kelly to the Eagles family. Can't wait to see what he brings to the team in 2013!

That just cheered me up!   :-D
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Zanshin

Pulling for this team to do actual productive, smart things is a losing proposition and exhausting. Nothing would make me happier than to eat my words, but this hire just seems stupid.

How excited should I legitimately get over hiring a college coach with zero NFL experience who runs a gimmick offense and is a demonstrated liar? Because, right now, it looks like shtein to me.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Kurt Coleman ‏@k4coleman

Literal LOL. Nice work.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Zanshin on January 16, 2013, 02:03:13 PM
Pulling for this team to do actual productive, smart things is a losing proposition and exhausting. Nothing would make me happier than to eat my words

its not a good hire when the general consensus is prove me wrong

Kurt Coleman ‏@k4coleman

shocking that a guy who is praying to just be on the team is buttering up the coach and their best player was glad when he went back to college the first time
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Wow.

Shocking.

Hopefully it works. An igy meltdown during the PC will be an all-timer...when is the PC?

Zanshin

Haha...I've really learned to divest myself a lot of decisions this team makes....but this one is really pissing me off.

rjs246

Hey so farg this right in the goat ass. Gimmicky college offense can suck my fat white nut.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Zanshin

What right-minded person could possibly think this is the best possible option? I mean, aside from the list of actual football reasons I hate it, he's a pretty zesty fit with the town unless he can find amazing ways to win constantly. I want to be wrong, but I feel pretty right.

SunMo

i know that hating something 5 minutes after it happens is pretty rational.  nice work everyone.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.