Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i agree a big time coach could elevate them to around wisconsin status...but as pathetic as paterno is now you cant forget that he used to be the reason to go to penn state...

where as at michigan and ohio state the schools recruit more than the coaches...penn state as a school isnt much of a recruiting tool and often is a negative as in terrell pryors case
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

None of these kids go to school for the education, if that's what you're getting at.

ice grillin you

no im talking about being in the middle of a cow field and the fact that it doesnt have the history of an ohio state or michigan...football wise it might as well be called the university of paterno not penn state and paterno is a joke right now and will soon be gone completely

if youre sixteen or seventeen right now you were born in 1992 and dont know a thing about penn states best teams

PoopyfaceMcGee

There is still a significant income from the alumni backing and from having one of the largest capacity stadiums in the country.  But again, you and I basically agree that if they don't go big with the next coach, it's game over for quite some time.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

im not saying thier stadium atmosphere isnt incredible or that they dont have a good football tradition im just saying their overall package doesnt come close to competing with a michigan or ohio state...its more a long the lines of a wisconsin and with a great coach could even surpass that...but it also could just as easily be below a wisky and with the purdues of the world which is where i think they are for the forseeable future

DH

PoopyfaceMcGee

I would consider him an excellent hire right now, but if Rutgers fades back into obscurity, he will too.

DH

Which isnt too far off, imo....

Sidenote - my Eagles and Rutgers ticket invoices came the same damn week. What the hell is that?

ice grillin you

how much are the rutgers it can only be like 120 or so right?

PoopyfaceMcGee

On a mostly unrelated note, one of my co-workers just paid his Patriots season tickets invoice...

$169 per game per seat.

He is in row 5 on the 40 yard line, but still.  His explanation is that they have no PSL's.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 19, 2008, 01:58:22 PM
no im talking about being in the middle of a cow field and the fact that it doesnt have the history of an ohio state or michigan...football wise it might as well be called the university of paterno not penn state and paterno is a joke right now and will soon be gone completely

if youre sixteen or seventeen right now you were born in 1992 and dont know a thing about penn states best teams

You may be right about Michigan but PSU's football history is definately comparible to OSUs.  I agree that the next coach is the key, with the amount of money that is involved in the program it could easily get back to being a consistent top ten team.  I think it is hilarious you compare them to Wisconsin a program that has been on the map for slightly over 15 years. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

and penn states been off the map for the better part of 20 years...wisconsin has passed penn state as a program.....doesnt mean penn state cant catch them but thats exactly what they have to do because they are behind

and lol @ thinking ohio state is a better all time program than penn state

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 19, 2008, 09:05:30 PM
and lol @ thinking ohio state is a better all time program than penn state

???

PoopyfaceMcGee

Gene Wilder's Willy Wonka sez, "Strike that.  Reverse it."