Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

He's keeping Oregon in the fray also:

QuoteTerrelle Pryor - QB – Jeannette, Pa.

Rivals.com recruiting analyst Mike Farrell spoke to Pryor Monday night and said Pryor was still 50/50 whether he'd sign on Wednesday and that Oregon is not eliminated. Finalists are OSU, Michigan and PSU if he signs Wednesday. Oregon is in the mix if he waits until after Signing Day.

ice grillin you

oregon and penn state are out...belee dat

hes on record as saying oregon is out and he hates state college...regardless of what schools hes lists as his finalists its down to michigan or osu

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

This is yet another example of the odds being in favor of your bold statement but against what you really want to happen, so you lose nothing by declaring something as an absolute that actually is not.

ice grillin you

no it was a response to your wasteful post about oregon not being out of it when they clearly are...it has nothing to do with penn state

PoopyfaceMcGee

"wasteful post"

Ok, champ.  It is new information from what was last posted in the thread about the top player in the country, who has not yet ruled out attending Penn State.

It has everything to do with Penn State.

ice grillin you

do you have any idea how many recruits keep teams on their "official" list that have been ruled out...it happens all the time for different reasons

the kid said in an interview that oregon was out and he cancelled his visit there

oregon has less of a chance than penn state even

PoopyfaceMcGee

SunMo

from another board...

QuoteOn the eve of LOI day, here's where we stand.......

Recent decisions:

Marcus Davis - committed to VT over Penn State yesterday.
Corey Lewis - committed to ILL over Penn State yesterday.

Neither (along with Kenny Tate) received a visit from our head coach.

Awaiting decision:

Michael Shaw - Penn State verbal who is hedging and has visited Michigan. As of a week ago, he was still heading to Penn State. Since then, he and his family haven't taken any calls from either the media or coaches. The staff expects to land him tomorrow. Nothing would suprise me, but I think we have a better shot of retaining him than Michigan does prying him away.

D'Anton Lynn - By all accounts, his recruitment is over and he will sign his LOI with Penn State tomorrow.

Terrelle Pryor - Pryor told Mike White from the PPG yesterday that he was 80-90% sure he would sign his LOI tomorrow, and that Oregon was eliminated. Later in the day, he told Bob Lichtenfels from Scout and Mike Farrell from Rivals that he never said that and was 50-50 at best as to whether he was going to make a decision tomorrow. He also said Oregon was still in it.

Obviously someone is getting played here. Lichtenfels is the guy that Pryor has known the longest and he's been pretty close to the situation from day one, so I'd tend to believe him on where Pryor stands. Plus, he's also dialed into western PA better than anyone in the business. Lichtenfels has had multiple posts on the Scout forums in the last few days saying that Penn State is very much in the mix, and a "drastic shift" has occurred in their favor over the course of the last two weeks. My personal speculation (no inside info whatsoever) is that they may have told him Bradley will be named the successor right after LOI day.

The plot thickened a little more this morning when Lichtenfels reported that Pryor called Jay Paterno (ugh) on Sunday night to talk to him in-depth about the offense Penn State planned to feature him in if he would go there (think 2005 spread offense with MRob). This is huge, because if nothing else, it tells us that despite all previous thoughts, he isn't 100% convinced on going to Ohio State.

Will Penn State land him............I still think it's a long shot. All of a sudden though after months of nothing we have seemed to pick up a ton of momentum here and are closing on him strong. From what I've heard, his parents both fully trust and love Tom Bradley more than any other coach recruiting him.......and it's not real close. Bradley has had a 3-year relationship with the kid.

At the very least, there's a lot of smoke and some excitement building. Hopefully it's not a let down.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Shaw and Pryor would be like Slaton and White.  I'm whacking vigorously just thinking about it.

phattymatty

QuoteTerrelle Pryor - QB - Jeannette, Pa.
Rivals.com recruiting analyst Mike Farrell confirmed with Terrelle Pryor this morning that he will 100 percent sign tomorrow. He's down to Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State and will announce at 12:05 p.m. ET on television.

PoopyfaceMcGee

BigEd76

ha

QuoteMFarrell
Post #14790

Latest on Terrelle Pryor....

Terrelle Pryor just called me a few minutes ago and said he's now not signing tomorrow. He said he's 100-percent sure he's not signing. He said he's going to take an official visit to Penn State for sure, hopefully a weekend visit, and might visit Oregon. He said he is just not sure of his choice as of right now.

He has had numerous discussions with his father who really likes the way Penn State has recruited Terrelle. Penn State has been to Terrelle's father's house numerous times and had done a good job making him feel comfortable that PSU is the right place for his son.

So as of now it's OSU, Michigan, PSU and Oregon for his services with no signing date set. He could change his mind again when he wakes up, so I am simply reporting what he's telling me.

Trust me, he is not doing this for the attention, this kid sounds as torn up about a decision as any I've covered. And he is aware of the reputation that some folks are pinning on him and to that he told me he has to do what is right for him and can't worry about public opinion. He and his family come first and this is an important decision that he's not going to rush for anyone.

Good news for PSU fans here no doubt.

SD_Eagle5

BigEd76

latest rumor is that Shaw is staying with PSU and will not jump to Michigan

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: BigEd76 on February 05, 2008, 10:38:01 PM
Good news for PSU fans here no doubt.

This is starting to chafe my willie.