Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

williams absolutely doesnt ahvet he speed...i saw him play in high school many times and he was john blaze back then...since hes gained way too much weight and lost all the burst he ever had...hes not even close to a pro player...cfl...and even that is iffy
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Cerevant

Just to clarify - I think #3 is funny as hell, and I admit my complete ignorance for how college talent translates to the NFL.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

MDS

we interrupt nonsense talk about a team destined to play in the alamo bowl to bring you this:

temple, down 20-3 entering the 4th qtr, came back to beat akron tonight. thats a road win. and their second overall. and it brings their conference record to a respectable 2-2. i kid you not.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Cerevant

Shouldn't you be posting that in the Temple Rules thread?  Oh yeah...
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 13, 2007, 10:11:06 PM
williams absolutely doesnt ahvet he speed...i saw him play in high school many times and he was john blaze back then...since hes gained way too much weight and lost all the burst he ever had...hes not even close to a pro player...cfl...and even that is iffy

Agree.  I think he's actually slower than both Deon Butler and Jordan Norwood.

MDS

Quote from: Cerevant on October 14, 2007, 06:30:49 AM
Shouldn't you be posting that in the Temple Rules thread?  Oh yeah...

if temple wins next week at home against miami of ohio, they might be 1/2 back of the division lead. i kid you not.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: FastFreddie on October 14, 2007, 07:06:02 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 13, 2007, 10:11:06 PM

Agree.  I think he's actually slower than both Deon Butler and Jordan Norwood.

He is absolutely faster than both of those guys.  He may not be that great of a player but he opens things up for their whole offense.  As far as him gaining too much weight he is down to 170 this season so he could get some of his speed back.  But I am sure that football experts like IGY and FF already knew that.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PoopyfaceMcGee

I will bet you $20 Derrick is not drafted in the first round.  I'll go double or nothing he never makes an NFL Pro Bowl.  I'll tack on a $50 bet he doesn't make a pro bowl as a WR (vs as a returner).  Tack on another $10 if you win all 3 for a cool Benjamin.  PM me if interested.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: FastFreddie on October 14, 2007, 05:05:25 PM
I will bet you $20 Derrick is not drafted in the first round.  I'll go double or nothing he never makes an NFL Pro Bowl.  I'll tack on a $50 bet he doesn't make a pro bowl as a WR (vs as a returner).  Tack on another $10 if you win all 3 for a cool Benjamin.  PM me if interested.

No where did I say that he was good, I just said he was fast.  He does open up things for the offense.  At this point he probably isn't even a first day pick let alone a first rounder.  That does not negate the fact that he is fast player. 

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: SD_Eagle on October 13, 2007, 09:40:33 PM
1. Williams has speed and talent, but I doubt he's anything special at the pro level. He reminds me of Greg Lewis. I'd say he's a late round pick at best. He might get drafted higher because of his punt return ability.

This guy has it right^^^^

ice grillin you

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on October 14, 2007, 06:11:04 PM
No where did I say that he was good, I just said he was fast.  He does open up things for the offense.  At this point he probably isn't even a first day pick let alone a first rounder.  That does not negate the fact that he is fast player. 

but hes not fast....he might be faster than hank baskett....thats about it.....settle down

Geowhizzer

ice grillin you

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: Geowhizzer on October 14, 2007, 07:30:32 PM
He's "Big-10 Fast."

Exactly, Butler might be as fast as him, but Norwood is no where close.  He may not be as fast as advertised, but opponents still fear him.