Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Geowhizzer on September 09, 2007, 12:30:39 PM
Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on September 09, 2007, 12:27:44 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on September 08, 2007, 10:52:09 PM
penn st went from beating a brain dead team to a big league dead team....there isnt a chance penn state beats wisc or osu...and they might lose before then

You know that from two games? I don't know if you have watched OSU at all this year but they are not that impressive.

Igy reminds me of my ex-brother-in-law.  If he came to my house when I was watching the Phillies/Eagles/Penn St/Whatever, the first thing he usually said was "You know they're not going to do anything this year."  He thought he was knowledgeable about all the sports, which is a feat because he probably hasn't watched a complete game in his life.

Sadly he was always right

Drunkmasterflex

He may end up being right too, but the fact of the matter is it is very early in the season.  It is tough to believe that anybody could know so much from two games.  I know this much there defense is awesome.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Seabiscuit36

I know that Morelli is Rex Grossman, huge arm, no brain
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on September 09, 2007, 12:37:03 PM

No doubt.  With a real QB, last night was over in the 2nd quarter.

BigEd76

Penn State -34.5 vs Buffalo

(Connecticut -30.5 vs Temple)

MDS

I did a top 5 stories from college football this weekend for the metro, and #1 of course was for penn state, and i wrote something about this horrid institution without any sarcasm, negativity or cynicism. what prize do i win?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

I don't know if you have watched OSU at all this year but they are not that impressive.

cause they are super young...but also ultra-talented...they will be infinitely better in five weeks than they are now...even average quarterbacking should win them the big ten
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on September 09, 2007, 12:37:03 PM

Morelli can only dream of being half the QB that Grossman is.

Morelli sucks.  I feel bad for the group of decent WR's that will be lucky to get any play in the NFL draft because their QB sucks.

Put in Devlin.

Drunkmasterflex

Morelli consistently has plays through out a game that make you go "what the hell was he thinking?" If he could just make good sound decisions, I think this team actually would have a shot at a national title.  Unfortunately he has done nothing to show that he can.

IGY as far as OSU, what you say is true, but I don't see them winning the big ten this season.  They are always ultra-talented so that is nothing new, they just haven't impressed me with their play.  It is not like they have played a team with any talent.  You can say what you want to about Notre Dame but they definitely have some talent on that roster.  They will be in the hunt for the big ten title, I just don't see them winning it.  The sad part is even with Michigan totally shteining the bed they actually could still win it
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

IGY as far as OSU, what you say is true, but I don't see them winning the big ten this season.  They are always ultra-talented so that is nothing new, they just haven't impressed me with their play.

thats cause they are young as hell and working a ton of new starters into the lineup...and they dont have the qb play they are looking for yet...if they get that...and admittedly its a big if they will easily win the big ten...if they dont they still have as good a shot as anyone else as the big ten doesnt have any good qb's cept henne
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on September 10, 2007, 09:24:39 PM
Morelli consistently has plays through out a game that make you go "what the hell was he thinking?" If he could just make good sound decisions, I think this team actually would have a shot at a national title.  Unfortunately he has done nothing to show that he can.

I wish it were only his decisions and pocket presence.  Also, his accuracy is highly suspect, and his mechanics suck most of the time.

Basically, the thing he does have is a STRONG arm.  That's it, though.  He's even ugly.

rjs246

I found this amusing.

No. 12 Penn State (2-0) vs Buffalo (1-1)

University Park, PA
12:00 PM ET Big Ten Network
After allowing just 10 points total in its first two games, Penn State looks to keep the defensive good times rolling, hosting Buffalo. The Bulls had a good effort of their own on defense last Saturday, holding Temple to minus-36 yards rushing.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD_Eagle5

Games only on the BTN again. farging comcast.

SunMo

not sure i blame comcast on this one...BTN is charging a fortune to carry the network, and you only get to see the shtein games, all the good Penn State games are on network TV
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SD_Eagle on September 13, 2007, 09:27:33 AM
Games only on the BTN again. farging comcast.
When i called Direct TV to upgrade my receiver, the guy asked me to turn to channel 220, It was the OSU-Ackron game, he went into a quick schpiel about Comcast.  Its nice that DTV just put it on regular programming.  I dont even have to pay for the sportspack.  
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons