Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

they probably weren't saying anything when Anthony Morelli signed with PSU
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

NGM

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 13, 2007, 12:40:24 PM
penn state fans might be bigger whiny bitches than even skins fans....unreal...just let it go before you scare other recruits away with your incessant blubbering iover losing a guy to usc...it happens every year to 15 different schools

You actually convinced with your previous argument (with the 10,000 reasons you listed USC is better) but I will damn well whine if I want about the fall from prestige Penn State has suffered. 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

ice grillin you

the difference in talent that penn state gets now and what they got before is neglible at best...the main difference is they used to have a hall of fame coach and now they have weeeknd at bernies

Cerevant

I've said that he'll probably still be coaching 2-3 years after he's dead.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'm not whining about it.  Devlin and Brent Carter decommitted other schools to make last year's recruiting class great.

This year's is fine, even without Green.

hunt

zack mills is the new qb of the af2 team in my area.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: hunt on February 13, 2007, 01:42:11 PM
zack mills is the new qb of the af2 team in my area.

Last I read, he was going to try his hand playing poker professionally.

If he sucks more at poker than at football... he really, really sucks at poker.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: FFatPatt on February 13, 2007, 12:56:52 PM
I'm not whining about it.  Devlin and Brent Carter decommitted other schools to make last year's recruiting class great.

This year's is fine, even without Green.

Agreed, I think everyone that is a fan of any college team gets pissed when they lose a recruit at the last minute.  This is a similar situation that happened to PSU a few years ago when they thought they had Henne, it just so happened that they got Morelli instead. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PoopyfaceMcGee

Henne is, however, significantly better than Morelli.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

yous are missing the point..penn state didnt lose a committ...the guy verballed to usc a year ago and never changed...i could see being pissed if this was a morelli situation where a guy backed out of a verbal and switched last second but that didnt happen...there was some evidence of late interest in psu and osu but no one has any idea how strong it was....its been usc the whole way

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 14, 2007, 08:59:30 AM
yous are missing the point..penn state didnt lose a committ...the guy verballed to usc a year ago and never changed...i could see being pissed if this was a morelli situation where a guy backed out of a verbal and switched last second but that didnt happen...there was some evidence of late interest in psu and osu but no one has any idea how strong it was....its been usc the whole way

No, you're missing the point.  You're saying that PSU/UPS fans are more whiny than average when it comes to "losing" recruits, but all schools' fans that pay attention basically react the same way.

Hell, you've even noted that Maryland fans whine about recruits that didn't even glance their way in the first place.

ice grillin you

You're saying that PSU/UPS fans are more whiny than average when it comes to "losing" recruits, but all schools' fans that pay attention basically react the same way

are they the worst i cant say...are they the worst ive seen absolutely...whining is one thing...having an article on the front page of bwi dropping unfounded accusations of recruiting violations by usc is over the top

md fans are delsuional like most dc area fans...see taterskins fans...penn state fans are poor losing whiners who completely lie and make up stuff about other schools for no reason whatsoever

PoopyfaceMcGee

You're pushing the limits of generalization / stereotyping / hyperbole to the point of being completely laughable.