Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Cowher's rah-rah act would be perfect in college.  I'll bet he'd be an amazing recruiter too.

ice grillin you

would he have the desire tho...do nfl coaches especially successful ones wanna travel around the country half the year and go in the living rooms of 17 year olds kids to try and woo them...that would be beneath a lot of them and not soemthing they really wanna do after successfully coaching the best football players on the planet

i personally cant see bill cowher doing that
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Well, after dealing with spoiled millionaires for the better part of 15 years, I can't imagine traveling the country recruiting kids would be such a bad gig, especially considering (1) he'd be at a top tier school whose reputation does a lot of recruiting-work on its own, and (2) he's a Super Bowl winning coach and most kids would likely be awe-struck by that.

I don't think getting kids there would be a problem at all for him.

I think he'd jump at the chance to coach at PSU especially if they banked the Brinks truck up at his doorstep (which you know they would for sure).

ice grillin you

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: FFatPatt on January 05, 2007, 01:21:10 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on January 05, 2007, 01:14:41 PM
Rumor I just heard on WIP that is not valid but I just thought I'd throw it out there: Cowher takes a year off - JoePa retires - Cowher becomes the new PSU coach. Would absolutely love to see it happen but I highly doubt it has any validity. Ant and Steve were equally as pessimistic.

Not that I wouldn't love to see Cowher take over at PSU, as he's an excellent coach... but I would say Tom Bradley is the absolute odds-on favorite to be the next head coach at Penn State.

I agree, I think Bradley could be a good HC, but I would like to see them go outside the program. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

bradley is what he is...he isnt head coach material

that said i agree that hes the next coach

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 05, 2007, 06:33:41 PM

*ding*

MDS

PSU wants Al Golden. But he doesn't want you.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: FFatPatt on January 05, 2007, 06:43:56 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 05, 2007, 06:33:41 PM

*ding*

I don't know how either of you could know that.  I think the biggest positive he brings is that he has always been an outsanding recruiter.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

actually lj sr hs surpassed him as a recruiter....anyway tho if hes that good make him the recruiting coordinator...NOT head coach...penn state cant afford to waste four or five years with bradley at the helm..they need to grab a big fish immediately after paterno leaves

penn st with bradley as hc automatically becomes just another middle of the pack big ten team...they become purdue

they have already been lapped by ohio st and michigan....iowa and wisc are clearly ahead of them...illinois has a monster recruiting class coming in and is gonna be a force in the coming years with locklsey there...penn st cant afford to blend in with the rest of the big ten teams...with bradley thats what would happen...psu is one of the all time best programs and deserves to be treated as such...which means going out and spending 4 mil a year on a proven big time coach...eff this loyalty crap

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 06, 2007, 07:47:50 AM
actually lj sr hs surpassed him as a recruiter....anyway tho if hes that good make him the recruiting coordinator...NOT head coach...penn state cant afford to waste four or five years with bradley at the helm..they need to grab a big fish immediately after paterno leaves

penn st with bradley as hc automatically becomes just another middle of the pack big ten team...they become purdue

they have already been lapped by ohio st and michigan....iowa and wisc are clearly ahead of them...illinois has a monster recruiting class coming in and is gonna be a force in the coming years with locklsey there...penn st cant afford to blend in with the rest of the big ten teams...with bradley thats what would happen...psu is one of the all time best programs and deserves to be treated as such...which means going out and spending 4 mil a year on a proven big time coach...eff this loyalty crap

I agree.  It would be a shame to lose Bradley, but if they promoted LJ to defensive coordinator and head recruiter and brought in Schiano, I'd ejaculate thrice with glee.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: FFatPatt on January 06, 2007, 08:20:07 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 06, 2007, 07:47:50 AM

I agree.  It would be a shame to lose Bradley, but if they promoted LJ to defensive coordinator and head recruiter and brought in Schiano, I'd ejaculate thrice with glee.

Absolutely, but that is a pipe dream.  I also agree that LJ is a better recruiter.  I wouldn't have huge problem with Bradley being the next HC as long as they got a young innovative OC. 

All that being said, I do tend to agree with both of you that Bradley probably is not a HC.  All I am saying that we don't really know what he would do. 

SD_Eagle5

Drunkmasterflex

PoopyfaceMcGee

It's a smart move for him too.  He'll easily be the stud of what might be a very excellent defense.

If he takes his game up a notch next year, he's a first rounder.  He's more athletic than Pozluszny.