Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Cerevant

I thought this needed to be here as well...

Quote from: BigEd76 on December 03, 2006, 08:01:34 PM
Copied over from EMB, here's the full schedule with teams and official links:
Outback Bowl (Official Site)
MON 1/1/07 -- 11:00AM ET -- ESPN -- Tampa
Tennessee (9-3) vs. Penn State (8-4)

So, does Tennesse still choke as well in big games as they did when Manning was there?
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Penn State might be the worst 8-4 team in NCAA history.  Tennessee will roll with ease.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: FFatPatt on December 04, 2006, 02:41:27 PM
Penn State might be the worst 8-4 team in NCAA history.  Tennessee will roll with ease.

I'm predicting a Penn State upset. What's the early line?

PoopyfaceMcGee

Tennessee -72  - there, or thereabouts

mpmcgraw

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: FFatPatt on December 04, 2006, 02:41:27 PM

Have you watched Tennessee, they aren't really that good either.  I also think you really underestimate PSU. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Cerevant

Penn State would have kicked some ass this year if Morelli could get his head out of his for 5 minutes at a time.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: Cerevant on December 04, 2006, 08:10:05 PM
Penn State would have kicked some ass this year if Morelli could get his head out of his for 5 minutes at a time.

Yeah, he has been a gigantic disappointment and to think he was considered to be ranked above Chad Henne coming out of HS. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Cerevant

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on December 04, 2006, 09:11:49 PM
Quote from: Cerevant on December 04, 2006, 08:10:05 PM

Yeah, he has been a gigantic disappointment and to think he was considered to be ranked above Chad Henne coming out of HS. 

Actually, I'm not ready to kill him yet - he is just a "rookie".  I expect him to be much better next year.

NGM

Poz named All-American.  Probably got it on name recognition more than anything but thats fine by me. 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

Seabiscuit36

Poz also won the Bednarik again
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MURP