Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i wish that hit had killed him...but since it didnt....hopefully it convinces him to retire...hes been sad for almost five years now...he does less than gibbs and is a parody of himself...
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Cerevant

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 05, 2006, 08:36:42 PM
i wish that hit had killed him...but since it didnt....hopefully it convinces him to retire...hes been sad for almost five years now...he does less than gibbs and is a parody of himself...

Die.  Just die.  If people died in the order that they needed to be gone from this earth, you would be gone long before JoePa.  Why don't you just go ahead and speed up the process a bit.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

ice grillin you

if i had to bet on who goes first me or joe pa my money is on havas...that cat is gonna live forever the problem is hes gonna coach forever too

MDS

Temple 17
Penn St 13

Predicition.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

PoopyfaceMcGee

Cerevant

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 06, 2006, 07:56:27 AM
...that cat is gonna live forever the problem is hes gonna coach forever too

With his career and his philanthropy, he has earned the right to do whatever the farg he wants.  He doesn't have to prove anything to anyone.  I can wait for him to decide when he's done.  Hell, they'll probably be carting him out on the field for 5 years after he's dead.

Tell you what, you lay down $4 Mil to the Uiversity, and the AD will let you pick the next head coach.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

ice grillin you

so the penn state head football coach position can be bought?

isnt he allowed to donate money to the school even if he isnt the head coach?

longevity is not a reason to accept medicority (or less)

not to mention a valid reason for him to go is that hes embarrassing himself....its been really sad watching him act like a senile old lunatic these last few years....for the sake of everyone but mostly himself...please GET OUT

PoopyfaceMcGee

I don't see why it matters anymore anyway.  Galen Hall calls the offense, and Tom Bradley calls the defense.  Larry Johnson is fastly becoming the top recruiter.  It's not like Joe's holding the team back at this point.  He's a figurehead and occasionally earfargs the refs.  What's the big deal?

Until one of the three aforementioned assistants leaves because they're sick of Joe, there's really no reason for him to retire.  That said, with the flu at OSU and the knee mess at Wisconsin, I wouldn't be surprised to see him bow out after this season for his own health.

Rome

Sooner or later the University is going to have to make a very difficult decision and it would have been nice if he would have gone out gracefully and on a winning note after last year's bowl win.

Too bad.

ice grillin you

no team should have a figurehead head coach...you need a general to run shtein....not six different soldiers...when you become nothing more than a figurehead its time to get out...and again his sideline antics are a disgrace and an embarrassment...especially the non stop yelling at mcqueary....if youre a figure head then shut your hole and step to side...if not then coach the team....cant have a in between....it causes to much confusion and drama

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on November 06, 2006, 10:43:31 AM
Sooner or later the University is going to have to make a very difficult decision and it would have been nice if he would have gone out gracefully and on a winning note after last year's bowl win.

Too bad.

A Florida State fan is saying this?  That's rich.

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 06, 2006, 10:44:45 AM
no team should have a figurehead head coach...you need a general to run shtein....not six different soldiers...when you become nothing more than a figurehead its time to get out...and again his sideline antics are a disgrace and an embarrassment...especially the non stop yelling at mcqueary....if youre a figure head then shut your hole and step to side...if not then coach the team....cant have a in between....it causes to much confusion and drama

He had every right to be screaming when the refs chose not to put time back on the clock as Wisconsin was purposely going off-sides to bleed the clock.  It was amusing how it ended up costing them when they recovered a fumble with no time left.

I agree he could go at any time, but I don't really see the roles of the assistants changing very much when he leaves.  They'll probably promote Bradley to HC and Johnson to DC and head recruiter.

But like I said... I think the issues at the OSU and Wisconsin games will start to signal to Joe that it's getting to be about that time.

PoopyfaceMcGee

JoePa's surgery successful

QuoteThe Penn State Football operations and medical staffs have a mobility plan in place to make Coach Paterno available for team activities on and off the field. Paterno will take a day to recover from the surgery and is expected to resume activity on Tuesday and coach in the game against Temple, which kicks off Saturday at 3:30 p.m. in Beaver Stadium.

Paterno was on the phone this morning with members of the coaching staff, discussing game planning for Temple.