Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

ok this is getting more weird by the second...in the inky article today it says his mother lives in georgia...his stepfather and what has been termed his 'family' live in staten island...so he lives with his stepfather and his stepfathers wife who is not his mother and he considers them his family?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

His stepfather adopted him, and I guess his moms had/has some sort of issues.

Either way, USC is much further for her as well.

I find it a little hard to believe that PSU told him he'd start from day 1... not that his upside isn't 1000% more than Deon Butler, but that's crazy that they would just out-and-out tell him he'd start opposite DWill.

Sounds like anything could happen.

ice grillin you

plus its not like they dont have another 5* recruit...whos to say that bell wont be better than hazelton...theres absolutely no way they told him hed start right away

PoopyfaceMcGee

Although, there is no doubt he'd have a BETTER chance to start right off the bat at PSU... the issue is that the only PSU receiver that's going to be older than a Junior next year is Terrell Golden, and he's no better than #3 on the depth chart right now anyway.  They have Williams, Butler, and Norwood, who will all be Sophs next year.  They have Bell, who may or may not Redshirt.

That said, if Hazleton and his upside is as good as he thinks he is and as the scouts think he is, only Williams and Bell have a chance of keeping him off the field.  Butler and Norwood are OK role players and contributed more than expected in 2005, but neither have a ceiling anywhere near Hazleton's.

SD_Eagle5

ice grillin you

butler and/or norwood both may be moved to cb

PoopyfaceMcGee

NGM

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 04, 2006, 11:23:49 AM
butler and/or norwood both may be moved to cb

Norwood to CB?  I can't see him being successful there at all.  He is a perfect possesion receiver.
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I saw him drop a lot of easy ones in important games.

NGM

I think a lot of that had to do with Mike Robinson, he seldom threw easy ones.  I think Butler would fair well there but Norwood just doesn't seem fast enough.
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

Cerevant

WTF is it with that punk Jurevicius saying what high school he came from (instead of PSU) during the Super Bowl?
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Cerevant on February 06, 2006, 08:48:18 AM
WTF is it with that punk Jurevicius saying what high school he came from (instead of PSU) during the Super Bowl?

I was thinking the same thing.  Maybe he has hard feelings because Joe suspended him for the bowl game due to his academics.  Either way, I found myself rooting very hard against him yesterday.  Farg him.

SunMo

^^^^^the bowl game suspension is exactly why.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I have news for Joey J... keeping your academics at an acceptable level in the "Human Development & Family Studies" major at Penn State is not exactly difficult.  He's obviously a dumbass.

BTW, his home address and phone # in Ohio is on the Penn State alumni directory.  Should I call him, or, better yet, should I PM this information to rjs?

SunMo

QuoteFWIW:

Some pretty credible guys on the PSU Rivals and Insiders premium forums are intimating that Hazleton may have told PSU that he was coming this past weekend. The rumor is that Hazleton called McQueary last night and may have also talked to Pat Devlin.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.